Regular Contributor

I recently bought Magic Finish Makeup by M. Asam from HSN. It is a beautiful texture with a matte finish. I really like it, tho I usually wear mineral makeup. Have any of you tried it, and what do you think? Evidently it is not available anywhere in the U.S. except from HSN, but is very popular in Europe. Any other opinions??

Valued Contributor

Re: M. Asam Magic Finish Makeup

I tried this but it didn't work for me. I am fair and it was orange on me. Also it made my skin look dull. Ended up giving it to a friend who has a much more medium color complexion. I know it says it blends with every skin color but I don't think it works if you are on the fair side.

Contributor

I have used this in the past but more as a primer. I am a tan in BE makeup, so this wasn't enough color for me but it did cover imperfections well. I liked it but since I only used it as a primer, I will stck with Rimmel as it is easier to just pick up at CVS.
Esteemed Contributor

I have Magic Finish. I also have Dimitri's Orchid Gel in color med. They're both much alike to me: both are like a primer, with making pores smaller and matte finish. Both also "blur" lines, have nice coverage and are light on the skin. I use both occasionally. Right now, I'm enjoying Mally's new liquid formula: it does all of the above, offers better coverage; and looks and stays hydrated looking all day while not looking shiny or oily, but just right.

PS: Magic Finish color was good on me, and I'm medium. Same with Orchid Gel and Malley's. The color in all three is perfect for me, especially good compared to others.

If you like it, country, you ought to try Dimitri's Orchid Gel. You'll like that and Mally's, too. All three have a nice finish....