Regular Contributor

Finally found something that worked for me

Hi everyone. I haven't posted here in the forums in a while but I was a regular poster here and on the recipe board and I'm still a reader occasionally, just haven't had much to say. Well now I do. I've been trying some new things in an effort to improve my skin and shockingly I've gotten great results. I started using retin A sept 3. I asked my dr for a prescription for the .5 cream. It was very $$$ so I ordered from an online pharmacy but the lowest I found it was at cvs with the goodrx app. My insurance didn't cover it'. About a month ago I started using a vitamin c serum and two weeks ago I began to use a fade cream from Ponds. Yes the same ponds that makes cold cream but this is a new item from them. Anyway, the results I've gotten are astounding. I took pics here and there because I wanted to be able to see if there was a difference since I see myself daily and it's hard to notice changes over time. My skin is so much smoother, my pores are smaller, it's firmer and not as crepey. I applied to my arms and chest as well and it had a lovely effect there as well. I am 49 soon to be 50 and my cheeks were getting weird texture wise. If I touched my skin it didn't bounce back like it used to. So basically....gettin' old. Smiley Wink I'm going to very and post a pic here but I'm not sure how to. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Regular Contributor

Re: Finally found something that worked for me

OMG so huge....sorry about that
Regular Contributor

I don't know how to make smaller so I apologize but here is the other side of my face which has a lot of sun spots and my chest
Regular Contributor

Im sorry the pics are so enormous!!
Super Contributor

I saw your post on MUA and yes the results you've gotten are amazing...I already use retin-a and vitamin c but I may have to add the Pond's cream to my regimen for an extra little boost. I know you said that you didn't like the scent of the ponds, what does is smell like and does the scent dissipate? TIA

Super Contributor

Your skin looks beautiful, MissButtercup! I'm thrilled for you! Do you think one of the products bumped it up a notch, or just the combination -- the magic recipe :-) of the three of them?

What brand of Vitamin C are you using?

Thank you for sharing this -- it's nice to know something really DOES work! I think this might help a lot of people.

Respected Contributor

Those are great results! Can you list exactly what you are using and how often? Thanks!

Valued Contributor

Your results are fantastic! Not clear on this, did you actually use Retin A? Are you still using it? Also what C serum and Pond's product did you use? Thanks for sharing your results.

Regular Contributor

The smell of the ponds is like am gross dept store cheap perfume. That said it fades quickly, I hate strong scents in skincare but I am currently bathing in that stuff because it works and it don't notice the smell after 15 to 20 min!
Regular Contributor

This is my routine....I posted over on MUA but I wanted to share here because it met some really great ladies here over the years... Cleanse with either paulas choice resist cleanser or Cerave. Apply timeless vit c serum, wait 30 min while doing other stuff and then... Apply ponds clarant b3 If wearing SS apply Neutrogena clear face SS Then makeup ( using Neutrogena healthy skin enhancer. ) Dot dry areas with original eucerin. Using original eucerin in teeny amount on my cheekbones looks like a highlighter lol Smiley Wink Nighttime... Use ponds cold cream to take off makeup. Use cleanser. Wait 30 min and apply retin a if it's a retin a night. If not apply vit c serum. , wait then clarant b3 Wait 30 min and then apply pure cranberry seed oil all over, eye area included. I also use Kanebo sponge chiefs I buy on ebay 3 to 4 x a week to gently exfoliate. The retin a dryness comes off well and gently in a hot steamy shower with this cloth. That's about it. I am 49. Will be 50 in January.