Super Contributor

Best highlighter for fair skin

Anyone know of a good highlighter for someone fair like Kate Winslet or Nicole Kidman type skin tone?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Best highlighter for fair skin

I have very fair skin and my favorite highlighters are Benefit High Beam, which is a very light pink and Josie Maran Brightening Face Balm, which is a very light champagne color. Both of these are excellent!
Honored Contributor

Here are some good shades: Benefit High Beam, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Pearl, MAC Strobe cream, MAC Cream Color Base in Luna or Pearl, NARS Copacabana, It Cosmetics Hello Light, Smashbox Soft Lights in Shimmer, Burberry Fresh Glow primer in Nude Radiance, Urban Decay eye shadow in Virgin. Some of those are very shimmery and some are very subtle, but they all work on pale skin.

Valued Contributor

I am not quite as fair as Nicole Kidman, but I'm fair with pinky undertones. And some redness to my skin from Rosacea. Highlighters have been tough for me and admittedly, I don't use them every day. But I DO like the IT Cosmetics one and I really like one from Philosophy that I'm not even sure they're still making. Comes in a black compact (looks like a powder compact)and it's great. I just use my fingers with it. It's not sparkly or too much. Just right for brow bone or higher on the cheekbones.

Respected Contributor

I'm oily & I like Laura Geller Portofino. French Vanilla is nice, too.

Valued Contributor

I'm fair. Tarte's is my favorite but I'm not sure you can purchase it separately. I do know they are offering a cream highlighter plus a pale blush on Sephora.com for $10 for a holiday special. I also like the Hourglass highlighter in the palette. For drugstore I love Walmart's Hard Candy Contouring trio in 3 Strikes. It's a lovely champagne pink highlighter and also in the trio is a beautiful pink blush and a matte bronzer. It looks dark in the pan but it's not at all. I enjoy this little gem as much as my higher end products.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm very fair with red hair and blue eyes. I love Laura Geller's baked highlighter in French Vanilla.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

On 10/23/2014 twopeas said:

I'm very fair with red hair and blue eyes. I love Laura Geller's baked highlighter in French Vanilla.

I am blonde with green eyes; the LG French vanilla is the best highlighter I have ever used.

Frequent Contributor

My skin is so light that Laura Gellers French Vanilla doesn't work as a highlighter on me. I can use it as a concealer, though.
Not applicable

I recently discovered and LOVE Mac cosmetics powder hiliters - they have a few tones and the two that I got would be great on fair skin! Not sparkly or too shimmer just casts light.