Contributor

New IT Cosmetics Set Arrived....

Jury is still out for me......boo. The foundation is more than glowy on my 59 year old skin. The blush is lovely....but the foundation seems almost gives me a gold cast to my skin. Hard to describe. Not sure the mascara is better than my holy grail Jordana but I will give it a few more tries before deciding. i get so swept up in the presentations.......but when I get these kits home I rarely keep them. {#emotions_dlg.bored}

Valued Contributor

Re: New IT Cosmetics Set Arrived....

I didn't end up purchasing this kit either. I have better luck buying "in person" especially with foundation and lipstick..The kits here are always so tempting, though!

Trusted Contributor

Hi there!

I received mine a few days ago. The foundation just doesn't glide on that EASY. You can not have any eye cream on either. This foundation did not work the same as it did on tv as demo'ed in my opinion. It does have a glow to it. I did get the tan, it gave me a warm color. The eyeline was nice, mascara was just mascara, the blush was nothing special.

Bottom line I'm sticking with M.A.C.

Trusted Contributor

May I ask which shade you ordered? I replied on the other post running about the IT TSV - I ordered the TAN, as I have the TAN in the original celebration foundation, and I find this to be much darker. Wore it alone for the first time yesterday and wasn't digging it. I also have the MEDIUM in the original celebration foundation and today I tried using both, one swipe of the medium original version and one to two swipes of the TAN illumination version and the color is perfect! Slightly less glowy too which is good.

It seems like many of the vendors on the Q offering the limited color selections in foundations requires me to buy two shades and blending to get my perfect shade/tone, anyway I slice it. Probably a marketing scheme, but there goes my cynicism. I'm sure MANY fit the offered shades just fine, but I'm a bit of a perfectionist. And, I know, I know, I can warm up the lighter shade with bronzer but I prefer the foundation color to be precise, as it should be. I do like all the other items within the kit though, took a little more time today with both the blush and mascara and am enjoying them. Great value nonetheless. I hope you have success with it too!

Esteemed Contributor

Mine is going back. The foundation is too heavy for me & looks chalky. It accentuates lines & pores. The blush is much too pink & I don't care for the brush at all. I didn't try the mascara & eyeliner because I am not keeping the kit. So disappointed, but I wear CC crème & don't like this full coverage. The light was a good match as I am a light-medium, the medium would have been too dark. My delivery date was October 27, but I received it yesterday. I canceled auto-delivery this morning.

Trusted Contributor

So far I think the foundation will work for me. I currently use a liquid (not through QVC and its very expensive) and wanted something less expensive that I can wear to the gym or to run quick errands. I will have to see how it performs when at the gym. I did order darker than I usually wear - medium (I'm usually light) as some of the reviews said it ran light. Found nothing great about the mascara and will not purchase it again. I do, however, love IT's Bye Bye Eyes mascara and feel its a better product. So far I love the gel eyeliner but again will have to see how it performs when I'm hot and sweaty at the gym. The blush is not a good color for me so I'm throwing it away. I use Chanel blush, lipsticks and eye shadows and will continue to do so.

Contributor

Thank you all. I bought the TAN after trying the CC and regular foundation in Medium...both were too light. This one is almost a slight bronzer shade. I put it on my nose and cheeks and immediately thought OMG my pores look like craters. Today I will play a little more. I did not care for the mascara at all. Jordana is the best by far. I will give it another couple days but I am not hopeful..... Smiley Sad

Valued Contributor

I had an issue getting the proper color in the original Celebration foundation. The Medium was way to light, so I got the Tan. The tan was a closer match but I thought it still looked chalky. I have given up on It powder foundation.

I too use MAC. I use the Studio Moisture Tint in Medium Plus. Then use the Mineralize Skinfinish also in Medium Plus. I spritz the Fix+ and I'm good to go..

Honored Contributor

I LOVE my IT kit... ordered the Light and it's perfect but I don't use a ton of it just enough for light coverage. The blush is perfect for me. I won't be using the eyeliner or mascara a lot but they seem to be very nice.

I also ordered the pot of eyebrow with the special ""fence"" brush in universal taupe and I'm SO happy with that because my eyebrows are in terrible shape including some scarring that nothing seems to go over and stay. The color is great too. and that's been the hardest aspect of finding a good product. I'm really loving this line.....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

I absolutely love the kit and think it a great deal! I like the mascara and love the eyeliner. The blush is so natural with a light touch and gives me a beautiful flush of color. I chose the light in the foundation as I think it runs darker than the original, which it does. I use a light swirl of the brush, use it as a finishing powder and it works beautifully to set my makeup! a spritz of Fix+ is always my last step so I never have that powdery look.