Super Contributor

Tarte Maracuja Oil vs. Josie Maran Argan Oil

I'm trying to decide on purchasing one of these, as opposed to any other brand of moisturizer, but I'm not happy with the prices of the larger amounts.

Why can't they make smaller bottles for those of us who don't want to keep vats on hand ?

Super Contributor

Re: Tarte Maracuja Oil vs. Josie Maran Argan Oil

I know they do it in larger bottles to make money, and supposedly so that we can save money. But it's not always about money for me. I only want a smaller amount on hand. I may not solely use it every night, nor need a vat because I only use it on my face, not in my hair, bath, or all over my body. Sometimes, after using a product for an extended time, I might have an adverse reaction, like breaking out or find it not absorbing well, etc. I don't want to get past the 30-day return period to find I'm not completely satisfied with the product. I also don't like large containers on my vanity or in my storage drawers or containers. I may not be the norm, but I prefer more of a normal size in these products.

Sometimes you can find them, but the price for such is almost prohibitive, as they force you to buy the super size to be cost effective. I don't think that is fair. They should offer something for everyone's needs.

Another thing that bothers me. I did see the Tarte Maracuja Oil in a nice size, much cheaper, but it came in a faux wooden box with a faux suede tie. Please tell me why I must pay for the added cost of this faux box and faux tie to obtain the smaller bottle? Once opened, what would they like for me to do with the box and tie ? I assume it's for gifting, but I don't want to give faux anything !!!!!

I do not understand the reasoning behind this kind of marketing.

Then, this evening, I thought about ordering Josie Maran's Argan Light Milk to try as a moisturizer, as it was less expensive than her super-sized $ 109.00 argan oil. As I listened to her explanation on how to use it, she explained that it was to be applied to a clean face, but MUST be followed up with a coat of pure argan oil !!!!! THERE IT IS !!!! Now, she just stated that for the light argan milk to be most effective, I also have to buy a bottle of argan oil and apply it also after the milk treatment !! The two of them work cohesively to reduce fine lines and wrinkles and in 30-days, together, she guarantees that your face and eye area will look like that of the woman in the picture that she shows on screen.

I called and spoke with Customer Service, but they were of no help. If I believe Josie, it will do me no good to buy just the milk, as I must also purchase the argan oil or I can't expect lines and wrinkles, especially around my eyes, to disappear.

I find this to be misleading, and possible false advertising. If she always explains this when purchasing the milk, that would be one thing, or vice versa with the argan oil.

If this is a ploy to sell more product, I'm not thinking very highly of her at the moment.

Needless to say, at the time of this posting I haven't bought either product, as I'm beginning to not trust anyone anymore.

I'm just not happy at this moment. {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Super Contributor

OOPS, SORRY, I DIDN'T SEE THE OTHER THREAD ON THIS SUBJECT UNTIL NOW...MY BAD . {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Super Contributor

I just saw this trial set at sephora.com... might be a good way for you to try both?

http://www.sephora.com/dare-to-oil-P389038?icid2=whats_new_skincare_sku_grid_P389038_link

Super Contributor

The argan oil is rich in vitamin e and the maracuja oil is rich in vitamin c. The maracuja is to be used in the evening and the argan oil is better for daytime use. I read that a very long time ago in an article about different types of oil. That trial size above may be a good start.

Super Contributor

This looks like something I would like to try myself. Think I'll drive over to Sephora tomorrow and check it out ! Been wondering about the difference between these two, and I didn't even know that Ole Henriksen had one out himself. I've use something of his before in a sample product and liked it. Thank you to the lady who posted this graphic !!!

Karlam, good to know. I wouldn't have had any idea abut the differences between the two. So nice of you to impart your knowledge on these two. You ladies are very considerate. thanks a lot !!

Honored Contributor

If you decide on argan oil get the light because it will absorb faster. Maracuja oil absorbs more quickly == it's excellent for your scalp too balancing it out. I personally have used both own both but I like Marula oil for my face that I purchase from acure Organics.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

On 10/23/2014 lennox25 said:

OOPS, SORRY, I DIDN'T SEE THE OTHER THREAD ON THIS SUBJECT UNTIL NOW...MY BAD . {#emotions_dlg.blush}

No worries.

I posted the following on that other thread:

Oleic acid is considered particularly good for dry skin. Marula oil is very rich in oleic acid. Some who have oilier and/or acneic skin often prefer an oil with less oleic and more linoleic -- Maracuja oil fits that description.

Argan oil is fairly well-balanced, with almost an equal amount of oleic acid and linoleic acid.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Shea terra organics sells pure, certified organic argan oil and pure maracuja oil for a lot better price. Their products are great- pure, cold pressed and unrefined for maximum benefits.

For maracuja oil, it is $24 for 2 oz. For argan oil, it is 2oz for $24 or 4 oz for $42. But you they always offer 30% off so actually $16.80 for 2 oz.

Trusted Contributor

Another option is organic virgin coconut oil. It has anti aging and anti bacterial properties. 16 oz is about $8.