Super Contributor

Allergic reaction to Stem Rejen?

Has anyone had an allergic reaction to Skinn Stem Regen Elite face serum or any other Skinn product? I purchased the TTV with the new formula Stem Rejen Elite serum, lipid oil and 24 hour cream. I've been using the serum twice daily and LOVE how my skin feels, but...

...over the last several days I've noticed a few (around 6-8) red spots on my face, not acne, but a surface spot with a micro-blister top. I thought I had things figured our, but now I'm not so sure. This is the first time I've had this. Never had acne growing up or through hormonal fluctuations. My allergic reactions tend to be more rash-like.

I've been removing products from my skincare routine, but the spots are still there. I'm at wits end at this point. I'm washing pillows on the sanitize cycle tonight just incase it could be dust mites.

Has anyone had a similar reaction?

Super Contributor

Re: Allergic reaction to Stem Rejen?

Oh no Smiley Sad I hope it's not the Stem Rejen or anything in the TTV. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin and so far I've had no adverse effects and I've used it since it arrived. I hope you can figure it out.

Super Contributor

I had to send the two kits I ordered back. I got nasty whiteheads. I'm pretty sure it was the algae in the new Elite Serums. I haven't had any breakouts since I stopped using it. It's always a pain trying to figure out what's causing your problem. I would stop using the Serums and see if your spots clear up.
Honored Contributor

F1Wild, you mention that you have been removing products from your routine. You might stop using any skin care product other than maybe a gentle cleanser that you trust until this clears up. If it doesn't clear up in a few days, I'd see a derm.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Sorry to hear this F1wild.

Super Contributor

On 10/23/2014 suzyQ3 said:

F1Wild, you mention that you have been removing products from your routine. You might stop using any skin care product other than maybe a gentle cleanser that you trust until this clears up. If it doesn't clear up in a few days, I'd see a derm.

Sorry I'm just replying now. I did use my Free and Clear cleanser for a bit then went back to my PC products. Spots cleared.

Super Contributor

On 10/23/2014 SeaGal said:

Sorry to hear this F1wild. {#emotions_dlg.bored}

Thanks, SeaGal! Having a reaction to a skincare product is pretty tame considering. You live and learn....and then I experiment. Cool

Honored Contributor

On 10/28/2014 F1wild said:
On 10/23/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Sorry I'm just replying now. I did use my Free and Clear cleanser for a bit then went back to my PC products. Spots cleared.

Glad to know you figured it out and that the problem is resolved. With a couple exceptions, my skin care is Paula's Choice. I continue to be impressed with the quality and, IMO, the value in that I think the products compare favorably with much more expensive lines. Unlike most expensive lines, though, I can generally count on PC products not having ingredients that will irritate my skin.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland