Super Contributor

Can anyone help me pick a shade of Laura Mercier's Flawless Fluide?

I went to the LM counter looking for foundation and the woman suggested the Fluide foundation, she said Ecru was the perfect match. Its not the right color, its too dark, but the foundation itself is amazing. I have fair skin with neutral tones, I wore MAC NC15 and BE fairly light. I know getting color matched is the best way to pick but I live an hour away from any beauty stores/counters so I'd like to try to order online. Im thinking Vanille or Ivory might be a good color. Does anyone have any experience with the lighter shades of this foundation? I'd really appreciate any advice anyone can give me. Thanks
Regular Contributor

Re: Can anyone help me pick a shade of Laura Mercier's Flawless Fluide?

I used to wear fairly light in BE but could also wear fair too. Don't remember for certain about MAC but think it was nc 20....I got a sample from sephora in vanilla and it's a good shade for me. It would probably work for you too. I love the finish too especially for fall. Nice polished matte, not flat matte. I usually like slightly dewy finish in spring summer.
Frequent Contributor

I got matched and bought this foundation about 2 weeks ago , it is great! I am also fair and she matched me to shell, which is perfect. I'm not sure about being neutral undertone, I think I may have cool undertone. I'm like you, I'm about an hour and a half away from a store to get it. Good luck to you!
Honored Contributor

You are either Vanille or Crème. Check out her website as she gives a description of what the shade is. Right now she has free shipping with any order. Yes, this new foundation is excellent. When I use up what I have, I will be purchasing.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

I am very fair, and none of the shades worked for me. They were just too yellow.

Super Contributor

Hi ella,

I just put this foundation on- I have been LOVING it for weeks!! I am using the shade Dune- which is a good match for me. This foundation is amazing- matte not flat finish and lasts all day long!

I would suggest the shade Vanilla for you. I would also suggest ordering from Nordstrom- free shipping both ways if it doesn't work for you. Actually, you could order 2 shades- maybe the Vanilla and maybe the Crème? That way you could try both and just send back the one that doesn't work. Nordstoms is wonderful with returns, and you could actually call there and they also can recommend a shade for you before you purchase.

Best of luck- let us know how you make out!!

Janie

Honored Contributor

I picked out my shade which is Chai but it is always out of stock when I try to order-must be a popular shade choice!!! I really want to try this foundation...

Regular Contributor

I wear BE Fairly Light (in the original formula) and the LM Vanille is a good match for me. I also wear Bobbi Brown in Warm Ivory if that helps. For Mac I wear BB Cream in Light and the Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Light Plus. Hope this helps!

Super Contributor

On 10/23/2014 JMFINLEY001 said:

I picked out my shade which is Chai but it is always out of stock when I try to order-must be a popular shade choice!!! I really want to try this foundation...

ITA...I've been on the hunt for this shade also

Honored Contributor

On 10/23/2014 howwhatwhen said:
On 10/23/2014 JMFINLEY001 said:

ITA...I've been on the hunt for this shade also

I signed up at Sephora to receive an email when it comes in again!!!! You might want to go over and sign up as well-hopefully it won't be too long of a wait!!!!