Contributor

I need a good hand cream - Any suggestions?

Hi ladies,

I need a good hand cream so I can keep my hands moisturized all year long. I've tried several that gave me less than stellar results. Here is my mini wishlist of what I am looking for:

Has SPF

Is very emollient with heavy duty moisture

Not greasy but good coverage

You don't need 20 applications in the course of 2 hours to feel protected

Helps condition cuticles and protect nails

L'Occitane and Avon were sadly no hits for me. I was thinking about trying Deborah Lippmann Rich Girl Hand Cream but it is quite expensive. I have read mixed reviews. I like the idea of having natural oils and butters for additional protection. I would love to hear your go-to hand solutions.

Thanks in advance for your help!

azureblue

Respected Contributor

Re: I need a good hand cream - Any suggestions?

I typically hate having hand cream on my hands. The only one I can tolerate is Kiehls Hand Salve. It's slightly mentholated but it absorbs quickly and soothes my severely dry skin. It also lasts through a washing or two.
Respected Contributor

I have very, very dry hands that have "looked dirty" (can't describe it any differently) when it's gotten bad. Don't get my started on my cuticles....terrible. The thing that has worked best for me is the Josie Maran Argon Oil. I think she makes one with an SPF now.

Valued Contributor

My favorite is OPI Avoplex. Really great for cuticles, too!

OPI Avoplex High-Intensity Hand & Nail Cream- 1.7 fl.oz.

Super Contributor

While it doesn't have SPF, I really like Aveeno. I use either the Skin Relief hand cream (intense moisture) or the Skin Strengthening hand cream. The latter has a fragrance so I prefer the Skin Relief but both work great and are not expensive. Hope that helps!
Valued Contributor

I've tried everything under the sun and can't stand things that are greasy whatsoever. The greasy creams tend to make my hands feel dryer, ironically. The two below are my all-time faves. Incidentally, they are some of the most inexpensive I have tried.

Camille Beckman. Several wonderful fragrances or Unscented. Lavender and Vanilla are my favorite scents.

Regular old Vaseline Intensive Care Unscented Body Lotion. Works great for my hands and helps keep KP at bay on my arms.

Trusted Contributor

Our favorite!

Honored Contributor

It's hard to find a good hand cream with SPF. Here are some I like:

With SPF:

15 - Clinique Even Better Dark Spot Correcting Hand Cream (Sephora, department stores, online)

25 - Deborah Lippmann Rich Girl (Nordstrom, online, local boutiques)

15 - Boots No7 Protect & Perfect (Target, online)

Without SPF:

Bliss High Intensity Hand Cream

Clinique Deep Comfort

Aveeno

Origins Ginger Rush (only available in fall and winter, more moisturizing than the Ginger Souffle available year 'round.)

Trusted Contributor

I do use and love Deborah Lippmann's Rich Girl hand cream. Yes, it is pricey but it is everything you've read about. Look for it on HSN - about twice a year they have a deluxe size for a value price. Definitely worth it.

Respected Contributor

I've tried just about every hand cream, high & low priced. Nothing works. Asked my derm and he said, nothing will put moisture permanently back into my dry hands.

Hand creams only work for the moment or like Neutrogena and others, sit on top and feel waxy. Deborah Lippman's Rich Girl - nothing.

I agree with U re: L'Occitane - did nothing