Contributor

I caved and bought Lancome Genifique after watching shows on HSN. I got a pretty good deal as a first time buyer on the Lancome website (15% off - free shipping). I haven't received it yet but was wondering if anyone here uses it and how you may like it. I'm hoping to revive my 60 year old skin. I got caught up in the "radiant skin" lingo....ha.

Anyone use this?

Respected Contributor

I've been using it for about 5 years, am 68 with dry skin, and I do love how it makes my skin soft and radiant. I stopped it for a week and couldn't wait to buy more, as it really helped the plumpness and smoothness of my skin. I don't think it has killer ingredients, but I can't tolerate those at all anyway, so am very happy with this product. I don't use as much as they tell you, probably about half as much and it is plenty.

I'm sure others will advise you to save your money and get some Perricone or Isomers, but I had terrible allergic reactions to them. I'd suggest trying Genefique for a few weeks, if you see no improvement in your skin, then return it. HTH!

Respected Contributor

I am same age as you with fairly good skin, but as most other products I felt there was no effectiveness with Lancome. I've tried two of their products and I won't purchase them again. Hopefully you will see some results.

Frequent Contributor
I have been using this for about 6 months. My daughter noticed and asked if I was doing something new. I think my skin looks brighter.
Regular Contributor

I tried this product for about six months and so no positive results. I am 61 with normal to slightly dry skin. Good luck to you as products work differently for people.

Respected Contributor

It did nothing.

Honored Contributor

L'Oreal Youth Code from the drugstore is a dupe for Genifique.

Honored Contributor

This broke my skin out something terrible.

Regular Contributor

I tried it and didn't notice anything different. I gave it a fair chance and it felt nice. Some things work differently on different people. It has a huge following so I'm sure it's good for some. The only way to know for sure is to give it a try.

Contributor

WOW! Responses from one end to the other!! Thank you all. I am anxious to try it and hope it doesn't break me out. No need for pimples of any sort at 60 - HA. I'm hoping it will help - if not, I don't know if I can return it to Lancome but will check it out. I would think a good 4 weeks of using it I should see something. Again - many thanks everyone!