Respected Contributor

Just tried it this morning. I have been using just the regular Celebration Foundation and really like it. Bought this kit to try the Illumination Foundation and blush. I really can't notice any difference between the foundations except that I look a little paler. The blush is just ok. I think it may be going back and stick with what works for me. Any other opinions on this foundation?

Respected Contributor

I have very dry skin and have been afraid to wear it alone. So I have been using it as a finishing powder. That seems to work great for me. Love the blush. I am very pleased with this kit. The liner is awesome! Have not tried the mascara yet. I have not used the regular Celebration Foundation so I cannot compare.

Honored Contributor

Hi - I really like the foundation. I didn't get it in the kit. DD got it at Ulta, and chose the same shade she wears in the regular version (Light). It was too dark for her, so I got it. I actually like this one a lot better. It gives my skin more of a glow than the other one does. I wear Light in this and Medium in the regular Celebration foundation. DD got Fair in the new one, and it's a perfect match for her. Smile

Frequent Contributor

I am sending mine back as well. I had the original foundation and it didn't work that well for me but I wanted to try the illumination foundation, the new mascara and I always love iT brushes.

Well all of it except for the eye liner has been a bust for me.

The foundation color was fine, but it product itself didn't look right on me from the beginning and then got cakey on me after about three hours...

The mascara DID NOT last for 12 hours or however long the claim was and it smudged under my eyes, major raccoon eyes after about three or four hours...I had to clean up the mess and apply another mascara at lunch.

The foundation brush was the worst quality I have ever seen from iT,; definitely not one of their better brushes, very scratchy. I disliked this brush so much I used another of my powder brushes to apply the foundation the second day I tried it. The second brush applied the foundation better, but the product still didn't look right on me... very blah and cakey.

The blush, while looking unique in the compact, doesn't flatter me as well as my HG Bobbi Brown blushes.

The only thing that I liked and it wore like iron ALL DAY was the black/brown gel eye liner. Which was also the one product I didn't really need.

So, I am sending it back.... I love Jamie, but this was not a good deal for me at all.

Contributor

The only product I like is the liner. I will buy it in other colors if available. The rest was nothing great. The foundation made my pores look huge and it was very drying looking. The blush was like any other. I really wanted to like her stuff because of the antiaging in them but they are a no go for me.

Respected Contributor
I liked everything, but the foundation. Didn't work for my skin tone and it was too shiny. Love the blush. Mascara didn't smudge on me and lasted all day. Liner was nice too. Will keep but toss the foundation. Sticking with my Clarins everlasting foundation. it's my HG.
Honored Contributor

I didn't get the kit but someone I know uses this Illumination foundation and loves it. I asked to see her's as she wears it daily as her only foundation.

She told me I could rub my finger on it so I did and it felt very powdery. I'm not sure what I expected. I think I was expecting a creamier powder if that makes any sense and this felt drier.

She has the light color and it was very, very light. I cannot imagine how light the next lightest down would be.

Respected Contributor

I love the TSV! I totally think the Illumination looks better. the Celebration is too matte.

So happy to have bought it!

Valued Contributor

Mine is sadly going back. I thought the foundation looked fine at home, but at my office it looks very metallic! It also accentuates every pore. The blush looks harsh, too, and I applied it as lightly as I could. The eyeliner is nice but not worth the price of the kit.

Respected Contributor

I received my kit yesterday. I do like everything in the kit. The only problem is that the tan color in this illumination foundation is darker than the tan in the regular foundation. I changed the color to medium for future auto-delivery shipments. I am now using the foundation as a bronzer because it is so dark. I like the eyeliner pencil and the blush the best. The eyeliner doesn't smudge and the blush is a nice shade of pink. It isn't too harsh or pale.