Frequent Contributor

Profector pro brush, yea or nay

I wanted to buy this for my daughter for xmas. The reviews are not good. Lisa said they have sold thousands, so I am wondering if the yeas just did not chime in? I found other brands for less money. Opinions, please. Thank you, Sonnie

Respected Contributor

Re: Profector pro brush, yea or nay

Do you mean the Perfector by Calista Tools? I like it a lot. I don't have to blow dry my hair anymore. I let it air dry then I style it with the Perfector and it comes out really great - perfect long bob.

Frequent Contributor

Thanks Frannie, there were a ;ot of negative reviews.

Honored Contributor

I have the original version. I don't use it daily, but get good results when I do use it. My hair is fine, long, and moderately thick. I did have a scare once when I rolled the Perfecter close to my scalp and moved my hand a little while looking away. The Perfecter got tangled. I immediately pulled the plug and called DH to help me get it out. I learned my lesson about not allowing myself to get distracted. I haven't had any problems like that since.

Super Contributor

I also have the original and it is a very nice curling brush, nothing else. It doesn't do anything special. It doesn't add any more shine or body than any normal curling iron. It looks like quality has gone down, since many reviews indicate the current version of the brush not working or teeth breaking. I've had my original one over a year and it is working fine.
Esteemed Contributor

Out of all of the hair tools that Q has sold as ""good for your hair"" if you do not pull and tug at the hair this hopefully will be the least damaging. I have fragile hair and many things will style my hair but the damage is over the top. There is a learning curve and my results are no where near the models but this machine is worth a try. I did not return it.

Respected Contributor

I would look for a product with higher ratings, especially if I was giving it as a gift.

Valued Contributor

Nay. Bought it when it was a TSV. Returned it.

Respected Contributor

I have the original one and I use it every day. I have short layered stick straight hair and it adds a little curl and volume. I would buy another if mine broke.

Esteemed Contributor

I've looked at this because a friend has one and loves it. But it does seem hard to handle. I'd be there all morning trying to make a curl. I'm happy using the Chi for touchups, (I don't have to stand there & hold it, and I'm not tugging my hair through the teeth of the brush) and nothing beats Caruso steam setter for zero damage & quick results.