Respected Contributor

When ever I do not shampoo my long hair daily it gets dry and a little knotted and breaks. THats why I shampoo every day. I did not shampoo today and my hair was so yuck. I used organix Keratin Oil spray and it made my dry ends soft and I could comb my hair without breakage or hitting knots. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

Re: New good drugstore find.

Just be careful...too much protein can cause hair to get brittle and break as well.
Respected Contributor

Its an oil. I have no worries.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't know that about too much protein causing hair to break, but keratin is a protein.

Sounds like a good product, kcladyz. How long have you been using it?

I just finished my bottle of Moroccan Oil, but I'm not sure I'm going to buy it again. I like it a lot, but it is expensive!

Super Contributor

I use the Organix Argan oil on my long hair right after shampooing. It is really good and my hair drinks it up. I haven't tried the Keratin oil.

Esteemed Contributor

Awesome kc! Organix has a lot of silicone serums to choose from. Are you going to try the rest of the line?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Trusted Contributor

On 10/20/2014 Vamp said:

I didn't know that about too much protein causing hair to break, but keratin is a protein.

I just finished my bottle of Moroccan Oil, but I'm not sure I'm going to buy it again. I like it a lot, but it is expensive!

Vamp, I've been using Moroccanoil for about a year or so, and love it, but recently picked up Suave Keratin Infusion Smooth and Shine Serum at Big Lots for $2, and find I'm reaching for it all the time.

I think there are a lot of good oils and serums showing up at the drugstore, as kcladyz discovered.

Respected Contributor

I would rather shampoo. Scalps to me is like body's..yucko

Trusted Contributor

On 10/21/2014 vaccinia said:
On 10/20/2014 Vamp said:

Vamp, I've been using Moroccanoil for about a year or so, and love it, but recently picked up Suave Keratin Infusion Smooth and Shine Serum at Big Lots for $2, and find I'm reaching for it all the time.

I think there are a lot of good oils and serums showing up at the drugstore, as kcladyz discovered.

Thanks, vaccinia! I was hoping to find a cheaper alternative but wasn't sure where to start. With so many options on the market, I wasn't sure which were good and which were a waste of $$.

Trusted Contributor

I like the Organix line - love their body lotions, too. Sometimes I can find their products at Ocean State Job Lot.