Super Contributor

CHI Styling Iron- is it worth it?

Is the CHI flat iron any different than a regular flat iron you can get at Sally Beauty Supply? Is it really worth the price?

Super Contributor

Re: CHI Styling Iron- is it worth it?

IT ONCE WAS. It is so duplicated that you can find a twin or a Chi at THE TJ MAXX .

Chi is a Texas comp and I can say it is a colorful story as to how it left the exclusive salon and became ava in every outlet .

Honored Contributor

I bought a few of the Chi Volumizing Irons a couple of years ago when they were a TSV right before Christmas - one for myself and two for DD (one for personal use and one for professional use). They're all still working great. It's certainly not the only professional iron out there, there are many good ones, but I would not equate it with a $20 iron from a big box store. You might be able to find something comparable at Sally's. Just remember, you get what you pay for.

Respected Contributor

I've seen enough women on here comment about the comparison that it appears the lower priced irons are just as good. From my personal experience, that seems to be true. Of course, just buy what you want. It's easy to do the comparison.