Respected Contributor

Which Makeup Items Do You Splurge On?

For me I splurge on foundations and under eye correctors/concealers. I f ind you really have to go to a counter for help in finding the right color. I went to the Mac counter the other day for a under eye concealer and she tried 3 until she found one that matched my skin tone. If I went to the drugstore I never could of done that. Same with foundations I could never find one t the drugstore that would match. I find mascaras there are a lot of choices at the drugstore so I never would splurge on those or lipsticks.

Honored Contributor

Re: Which Makeup Items Do You Splurge On?

For me, it's foundations, concealers, eyeshadows, eyeliners, eyebrow products, some mascaras and anything else I might like. I buy many mascaras and lip products at the drugstore as there are many that work for me.

Respected Contributor

I'll spend $$ for a good foundation but it must perform: lightweight on the skin, medium coverage, not a flat, matte finish. At this time I like Chanel Vitalumiere and Koh Gen Doh.

Honored Contributor

I love a good cleanser, exfoliator, and moisturizer. I prefer to not wear much makeup, just a little liner, eyebrow pencil, and hint of blush when I go to work.

Honored Contributor

I just splurged on EL Doublewear. I don't think I have ever had a foundation color blend so well into my skin. Usually lights are too light and medium is too dark. The ""Pebble"" color is just perfect!

Trusted Contributor

I think the only thing I'm splurging on these days is Urban Decay Revolution lipstick in Liar. I don't normally spend that much on lipstick, but I first tried this when Sephora was having a 20% off BI discount last year. I fell in love with the color and formula and now it's my favorite that I've found in quite a while, so worth the splurge because I will actually use it to the bottom of the tube.

Honored Contributor

Definitely foundation. I've worn Laura Mercier for over ten years. It's well worth the money. I could never pick out a foundation from a drugstore. They helped me at the counter and got the perfect match.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Foundation for me too and blush.

I always buy drugstore mascara.

Super Contributor

foundation. and not from TV- Except EVE PEARL here at Q-

Honored Contributor

When I was younger, foundation was my splurge. Even people who sold themselves as make-up artists, who traveled for big companies including Lancôme and Prescriptives chose wrong for me - so once I found what worked and made dressing for work, etc. easy, I splurged.

Now, for various reasons I use very little make-up. It's hard to call what I can wear a splurge. Now that goes to skincare - I could be one of those before and after women everyone seems to think are fake every morning of my life! I'm as dry as the Sahara. Won't be doing any surgery (except my eyelids which are falling right over my cataracts at this point), but I'll demolish anyone who steals my expensive moisturizers!