Occasional Contributor

O/T What do you like/buy at Costco?

A new Costco store just opened close to me. I have always bought paper products, laundry detergent, dishwasher soap and trash bags at Costco - it's so convenient now - what else should I try? What are your Costco favorites OR what have you tried and not liked?? Thanks!
Valued Contributor

Re: O/T What do you like/buy at Costco?

Coffee/ starbucks and Jose's vanilla flavored , coconut water, fage yoghurt, frozen fruit for smoothies. Chia seeds, almonds, walnuts, lots more...
Honored Contributor

what don't I like?

I think in the 15+ years that I have shopped there there have been maybe 2 things that were duds.

Honored Contributor

LIKE- large bags of very good Parmesan cheese, chicken breasts, beef, frozen organic berries, bed linens, UNsalted mixed nuts, ladies' clothing, ALL pharmacy services, ladies' makeup, diamonds, fashion watches, holiday decorations, books and paper goods........ LOVE COSTCO! DISLIKE- parking lot, checkout (but they're working on improving it!)
Trusted Contributor

A Costco is going in in my city but it'll be the first one, so I don't know anything about it. We have Sam's (Walmart) - is it like Sam's? Do you have to buy a membership?

Super Contributor

I love the Jessica Wu 15% Vitamin C Serum, their Tzatziki sauce, Kirkland Pesto and their Cole Slaw. I dislike their in- house Chicken Salad and Rotisserie Chicken. They have great toys and children's clothing too...their adult clothing seems good as well. They have a ton of stuff, it's fun to just peruse and see what appeals to you!Smiley Happy))
Honored Contributor

On 10/20/2014 Shogirl said:

A Costco is going in in my city but it'll be the first one, so I don't know anything about it. We have Sam's (Walmart) - is it like Sam's? Do you have to buy a membership?

Yes it's like Sam"s but from what I've heard better.

I'm going to a Costco for the first time with my neighbor this week so I'm interested to hear what others have to suggest on this thread.

Honored Contributor

On 10/20/2014 funwun said: I love the Jessica Wu 15% Vitamin C Serum, their Tzatziki sauce, Kirkland Pesto and their Cole Slaw. I dislike their in- house Chicken Salad and Rotisserie Chicken. They have great toys and children's clothing too...their adult clothing seems good as well. They have a ton of stuff, it's fun to just peruse and see what appeals to you!Smiley Happy))

What's really interesting is that I, too, love their Tzatski sauce, but their rotisserie Chicken and chicken salad are also favorites. My only problem with the chicken salad is that I swear more than half my friends serve it when they entertain and too much is just too much!

I love their bagged Kale salad - lots of different veggies in it as well as its own dressing. The young woman who steered me to that warned me she thinks it's more adult than child friendly. Served it to a party of eight and have seen it on the tables of several who were there that night.

Try the Cowboy Caviar, too. It's not caviar - it's beans and corn and other veggies all chopped to make a great side dish and I've also used it with "scoops" as an hors d'oeuvres.

My Costco here in NY sells an olive and feta mixture (Castella Greek Meze) in oil that I'm never without - snack, appetizer, salad fixing, and on and on. I don't know that every Costco sells it, but ask at the desk if you don't see it and ask in the that department, too.

Best buy at Costco that you're unlikely to carry home? Buy a frozen yogurt at the food counter after you come through the cash registers. Buy it with strawberry syrup if you like sweet and can afford the calories! It's something I used to share with my S/O almost every time we went to Costco. It's really too many calories but I do that yogurt for lunch once a month, without the syrup when I'm being "good."

Respected Contributor

Love Sams, so I dropped Costco, but I'm not into buying all those large packages of food products. I don't need to eat those items, other than what's in produce and the fish selection.

Esteemed Contributor

Olay Regenerist products, Deep Dish Pizza, Costco K-Cups, wine, rotisserie chicken, pesto, pork chops

I buy chicken breasts, chicken thighs and ground turkey. They way they are packaged, I have to break them down into individual packages to get them in my freezer. I end up cutting through the seal and getting chicken juice all over the counter. I prefer BJ's chicken parts for this reason.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.