Respected Contributor

I wish you could just type "price matching" in their search bar and find ALL the products they're price matching. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Price Matching

Well, they're not matching Costco's price for the Sisley Global cream ($490 vs. $250). {#emotions_dlg.angry}

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Valued Contributor

On 10/19/2014 rina33 said:

Well, they're not matching Costco's price for the Sisley Global cream ($490 vs. $250). {#emotions_dlg.angry}

they won't match club pricing.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Respected Contributor

Nordstrom has always price-matched. And they should never have to match a big box store (I think that's obvious). If you find a like item at a regular retail store & tell them, they will check it out & give you the lesser price.

Most people don't know this either....

Macy's used to price-match Nordstrom when they were having one of their big sales (like the Anniversary sale). If you saw an identical item for less at Nordstrom, Macy's would price-match. I don't know if they still do that- I rarely shop at Macy's anymore.

Honored Contributor

I was a Nordstrom shoppers for some time prior to the Internet and it was quite a long time before I learned, more or less accidentally, that Nordstrom then would price match anything a competitor in the same mall was selling. Same mall, same item (brand, color, sizing, etc.)

Much of the time when I shop Nordstrom, it's for their own brands of clothing, so price match doesn't often make a difference to me, but I have used that matching successfully. Haven't used it recently, so I don't know how it's working today.

I understand why they don't match club prices and I'd wonder why they'd ever match Amazon's because those companies are known in the trade for their forceful buying practices.

Frequent Contributor

On 10/20/2014 goldenretriever said:

Nordstrom has always price-matched. And they should never have to match a big box store (I think that's obvious). If you find a like item at a regular retail store & tell them, they will check it out & give you the lesser price.

Most people don't know this either....

Macy's used to price-match Nordstrom when they were having one of their big sales (like the Anniversary sale). If you saw an identical item for less at Nordstrom, Macy's would price-match. I don't know if they still do that- I rarely shop at Macy's anymore.

I agree, they should not have to match warehouse club pricing or the like.

Currently, Nordstrom is matching Macy's friends & family 10% off on cosmetic products/brands that Macy's carries. Sisley is not one of them, as one would expect. It's quite easy to do a search of interested items and it shows if it's Price Matched.

Trusted Contributor

Many stores price match but they rarely advertise that they do. It can't hurt to ask!

One thing that I have learned (in addition to them not matching club prices) is it has to be the same exact item, meaning same size, same color, etc. Sometimes Store A puts an item on sale because they only have size 2 left, so they mark down the remaining inventory. Let's say you wear a size 10, and you want that item, but Store A doesn't have your size. You go to Store B, which has plenty of inventory, including your size, but they haven't marked anything down yet. Store B probably won't match Store A's price unless you buy the size 2. Same goes for same item, different color.

I'm not saying it always works this way, but I have ran into that before, so just be forewarned that it could happen.

Respected Contributor

I didn't know they would price match beauty items. I did get them to price match a Dooney bag for me a few years back. It saved me quite a bit.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/20/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

I didn't know they would price match beauty items. I did get them to price match a Dooney bag for me a few years back. It saved me quite a bit.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Yay, you!

Not only do they price beauty items, but if you have any Nordy Notes, you can use them on anything in the store, including sale items, beauty products, etc. Nothing is off-limits. It's just like cash.

Contributor

On 10/19/2014 rina33 said:

I wish you could just type "price matching" in their search bar and find ALL the products they're price matching. {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

If you put "beauty sale" in the search box on Nordstrom.com, it brings back over 2500 items (which are probably all the beauty ones that they are price matching).