Super Contributor

Another eye ?: tightlining/waterline upper lid

First, do I have this right? Tightlining is pushing product into the base of the lashes, in between the hairs. Lining the waterline is running a pencil along the area between the hairs and the edge that meets the eyeball. Correct? So, I had on mascara-no eyeliner-already when i went to wash my face last pm and before I did I took a mally pencil and ran it across what I think is called the upper waterline. It made SUCH a difference-I loved it. It made my lash line look SO much fuller. Can I do just this or do you usually do this and fill in between the hairs as well. Also, what products do you use for these two areas? I washed my face after I did it, so I don't know if the pencil would have stayed there. This was quick and easy and made a big difference, so I could easily add this step in. Is there a quick way to fill in between the hairs also-tightlining? Would greatly appreciate any input! TIA ~smiles, SnowKita
Super Contributor

Re: Another eye ?: tightlining/waterline upper lid

What you are describing you did is what a Laura Mercier SA slowed me as tightlining. It's lining the edge just under the lashes and she called the waterline the rim below that that touches the eyeball. However, I understand your confusion because I've heard people also call tightlining applying eyeliner into the base of the lashes. In any case, no matter what you call it, it really does make your lashes look thicker and fuller!

This website shows how I was taught to tight line at the Laura Mercier counter: http://facethis.blogspot.com/2011/12/how-to-tightline-your-eye.html

Super Contributor

On 10/19/2014 cassiem said:

What you are describing you did is what a Laura Mercier SA slowed me as tightlining. It's lining the edge just under the lashes and she called the waterline the rim below that that touches the eyeball. However, I understand your confusion because I've heard people also call tightlining applying eyeliner into the base of the lashes. In any case, no matter what you call it, it really does make your lashes look thicker and fuller!

This website shows how I was taught to tight line at the Laura Mercier counter: http://facethis.blogspot.com/2011/12/how-to-tightline-your-eye.html

hi cassiem-thanks for the video. I am going to go check it out now...
Trusted Contributor

What products have you all found that you can tightline the upper lid with and it doesn't smear all under your eyes? I have a Trish McEvoy gel pencil that she showed for tightlining and yesterday the sales rep at Laura Mercier did it on me with her Tightline Cake eyeliner and both times, they smeared all under my eyes. I like the look before it smears. Help!?

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!