Valued Contributor

Using Up My Creams & Serums!!!!!

I posted weeks ago that I had finally done a major overhaul and did a thorough cleaning out of my stash. I was tired of seeing so many products. Just following up that I have been using all my various creams and serums (SKINN, Dr Denese, SSC, ASDM, Isomers) and just applying whatever interests me on a particular day. My basically normal skin looks fine, it looked fine before and I've come to the conclusion that all of these products keep my skin soft and that's about it! I really don't think anything has ever made a gigantic difference in my skin and keeping it moisturized and using sunscreen is really all I need. I have the skin I have, it's nice but not the skin of a 25 year old and it feels good to accept that and stop searching for that miracle cream!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Using Up My Creams & Serums!!!!!

I'm doing the same thing,virgosun. Once I've used what I have here in the house, I won't be ordering skincare from the shopping channels any more, I'll just buy it locally. As you stated, all any of the lines have really done is keep my skin moisturized. I may go back to Olay since they seem to be highly rated.

Frequent Contributor

Count me in on this too. I have been doing it for almost 2 months now. I did a clean out back then and found out I had plenty. Also I have gotten some samples that I want to start using up as well. I too used Olay back about 25 years ago when I first started and really loved it so when I am done using up all my moisturizers and serums I may go back. I think many would be surprised if they cleaned out and saw what they had.

Valued Contributor

I'm with you! One thing I found that I've been really liking is a bottle of Cerave Hydrating Cleanser. It leaves my skin so soft and hydrated it definitely beats out all my SKINN cleansers that I've been paying top dollar for. And it works really well with my Clarisonic. It was something I didn't even remember I had!

Esteemed Contributor

Count me in. I plan on mainly using organic coconut oil.

Respected Contributor

I've been using mine up too; love it!!

Contributor

I have just begun doing this as well. I gathered up all my unused/unopened products that came in skin care kits and realized I have more cleanser than I can use in a year's time. I just kept getting these kits because they had a couple products I really liked and the price when you buy in a kit is a great deal. However, when you have more than you can use, I realized the savings aren't there anymore. So I cancelled all my auto deliveries and plan to just buy more products when I actually need them.

Honored Contributor

On 10/19/2014 sgraham30 said:

I'm doing the same thing,virgosun. Once I've used what I have here in the house, I won't be ordering skincare from the shopping channels any more, I'll just buy it locally. As you stated, all any of the lines have really done is keep my skin moisturized. I may go back to Olay since they seem to be highly rated.

I've already done that. I found that the Regenerist primer is a great multitasker I use the witch hazel toner, some sunscreen and the Regenerist. That's it. the worst thing is that a few weeks ago when I was using more than one product my co worker looked at me and said how great my skin looked and that my face looked tighter! The problem with that is that I had no idea what did it lol
Honored Contributor

,I feel the same way, you reach a certain age and no matter what you do short of going under the knife won't make that much of a difference in ageing skin. I use the Crème Reverse line from Skinn and I am make up optional, but I'm still 64 and deal with sagging and loss of elasticity. The SS Face Master helps some, but gravity is not my friend.

Super Contributor

i took my older creams and ask the girlfriends if they wanted them as if not i was sending them to the trash.

I have so much new room now