Super Contributor

Serum or BE serum foundation breaking me out?

I started using Ulta's Serum and the new NEW BE serum foundation around the same time. I wouldn't use either one every day - maybe 2-3 times a week. I started breaking out like I was 14 years old again. It was horrible. I stopped using both and now it's all cleared up, but I'm afraid to use either one again. Do you think it was the serum or foundation or a combination of both? Has this happened to you?

Honored Contributor

Re: Serum or BE serum foundation breaking me out?

who knows? Just try to add one back in for awhile and see how it goes.

Respected Contributor

I agree with HappyDaze. I did try the BE serum foundation fully expecting it to break me out and was shocked that it didn't. I think layering another serum under it might be too rich and asking for trouble.

Trusted Contributor

I think you've got the right advice already. Everyone's skin is different, and it may be one, or the other, or both that we having this effect on you. I can tell you from my personal experience that the BE serum foundation does not break me out. I read the ingredients on the Ukta serum, and can guarantee it would give me cystic acne. I cannot use dimethicone or any silicones, and he Ulta serum is filled with them. I know BE has none. Cyclopentasiloxane and dimethicone are both cones and in the top ten Ulta serum ingredients. Good luck experimenting, I know you probably don't want to go through the testing of them, but its really the only way to know.