Super Contributor

Any strong effective high powered anti aging serums NOT filled with silicones?

I already use vitamin c, Olay Pro X Even skin tone spot fading treatment. I also use la mer concentrate occasionally (but that has a lot of silicones).

I don't have wrinkles (but would like to prevent them) and am starting to notice slight sagging in the skin. I also have some scarring to get rid of.

Respected Contributor

Re: Any strong effective high powered anti aging serums NOT filled with silicones?

NCN's Matrixyl serum has zero 'cones. You can look it up on NCN.com. I use several of her products including this one and her C serum.
Honored Contributor

Re: Any strong effective high powered anti aging serums NOT filled with silicones?

On 10/18/2014 BellaCarro said: NCN's Matrixyl serum has zero 'cones. You can look it up on NCN.com. I use several of her products including this one and her C serum.

I was actually going to suggest this too, Bella. Great product!

As far as scarring goes, if it is true scarring, there isn't a topical product that can get rid of it unfortunately. If it just something like the darkness left over from old acne, a good vitamin C or a good fading product should help lighten them over time (won't usually happen quickly).

The olay product has at least a few silicones in it at the beginning of the ingredient list (if you already didn't know that). Is there a reason you are trying to avoid silicones or since you already are using things with silicones, you want to add other things without silicones?

Respected Contributor

HD, you did a better job of addressing all of OP's points whereas I only hit one. OP, HD is, of course, spot on (ha) about C helping out with lightening. Other ingredients to look for high in the deck are kojic acid, arbutin, licorice root, and mulberry. I can't remember if the the mulberry is extract of root, seed, plant....
Trusted Contributor

On 10/18/2014 BellaCarro said: HD, you did a better job of addressing all of OP's points whereas I only hit one. OP, HD is, of course, spot on (ha) about C helping out with lightening. Other ingredients to look for high in the deck are kojic acid, arbutin, licorice root, and mulberry. I can't remember if the the mulberry is extract of root, seed, plant....

If you do buy anything from NCN-use code Fall4562 for 10% off. And if you sign up for their newsletters, they sometimes send information about special sales & discounts not found on their website. I use their matrixyl serum too. Am planning to try the sampler size of their DNA serum & Multiactive Accelerator cream.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Respected Contributor

On 10/19/2014 UMTerpFan said:
On 10/18/2014 BellaCarro said: HD, you did a better job of addressing all of OP's points whereas I only hit one. OP, HD is, of course, spot on (ha) about C helping out with lightening. Other ingredients to look for high in the deck are kojic acid, arbutin, licorice root, and mulberry. I can't remember if the the mulberry is extract of root, seed, plant....

If you do buy anything from NCN-use code Fall4562 for 10% off. And if you sign up for their newsletters, they sometimes send information about special sales & discounts not found on their website. I use their matrixyl serum too. Am planning to try the sampler size of their DNA serum & Multiactive Accelerator cream.

I'm working on sample sizes of both too, right now. Too soon to make an assessment but I do like both a lot so far, esp, the MA cream.
Trusted Contributor

On 10/19/2014 BellaCarro said:

I'm working on sample sizes of both too, right now. Too soon to make an assessment but I do like both a lot so far, esp, the MA cream.

Bella can you post a review once you feel you've used both products long enough to make an assessment? TIA

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Esteemed Contributor

Isomers has several exceptional serums

Matrixyl 3000

Vitamin C

Copper P

Vitamin C stem 15%

Stem Genesis

Super Contributor

On 10/19/2014 hopi said:

Isomers has several exceptional serums

Matrixyl 3000

Vitamin C

Copper P

Vitamin C stem 15%

Stem Genesis

For some reason I don't like the Isomers serums much. I've tried most of the above.

Respected Contributor

On 10/19/2014 BellaCarro said:

Bella can you post a review once you feel you've used both products long enough to make an assessment? TIA

Sure thing.