Super Contributor

OT: Ever bought on Ebay outside of US? China? Experiences...sizing...shipping...etc.

I have bought many things on Ebay, but I've never bought anything outside of the United States. There is an item I am considering, but it is in China. I don't know what to expect as far as shipping times and sizing differences. I did read that some clothing there is cut smaller than in the U.S., so I'd think I'd need to go up a size. If you have ever bought anything, especially clothing, from Ebay (China), could you please share your experiences.

This is not meant to be a post about buying U.S. products vs. from China. I just would like to hear from those with experiences about what I've asked. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Re: OT: Ever bought on Ebay outside of US? China? Experiences...sizing...shipping...etc.

I've never bought clothing, but other things from both eBay and etsy and it can take weeks or longer to receive if it gets stuck in customs. Other than that, I've never had a problem buying things from China.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Re: OT: Ever bought on Ebay outside of US? China? Experiences...sizing...shipping...etc.

I bought a piece of jewelry from Hong Kong. Took a few weeks to get here, but it was a good experience. Also bought from Canada and UK. No problems.
Honored Contributor

I've bought many jewelry findings and beads. It usually takes about 2 weeks to get them.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I only bought one item....I also usually order from USA vendors, but one time I did not look and see it was out of China. It was a back rest to use in a chair or while driving. It has free shipping too! It came in about 9 days....came in the regular USPS mail....all the way from China. I can not imagine having to send it back....glad I was happy with it. Will try not to order from out of the country again, even though my experience was good.
Respected Contributor

Sizing is tricky. DS ordered some things in his usual size and he couldn't even get them on. Try reading their feed-back, may give you more insight into how their stuff runs.

Super Contributor

I curse US Ebay due to having to wait here in Us .. Lord have Mercy 4 weeks would kick me-

I do however order a cream form Indonesia and it arrives in 2 weeks. I plan to stop for fear of contamination.

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/18/2014 VaBelle35 said:

I've never bought clothing, but other things from both eBay and etsy and it can take weeks or longer to receive if it gets stuck in customs. Other than that, I've never had a problem buying things from China.

I brought a Samsung tablet as a pre-record. I needed a cover and ordered direct from China. Delivery took nearly eight weeks. You have to sign for the package. There are not any tracking numbers. I will not buy direct from china.

Super Contributor

I stopped using ebay years ago because it was getting to be too expensive of a habit, but I used to buy charms from England all the time. I thought they had the best charms, and I specifically collected Lincoln Imp charms. Never any problem.

Honored Contributor

I have purchased quite a few items from other countries including China on e-bay. E-bay protects you from getting ripped off, so that is never an issue.

That being said, I have never purchased clothing or shoes from a seller located in China. I have visited China, and I can tell you that I can't fit in their rack clothing or shoes. A size 10 petite in America is an XXL in China. I wear a size 6 shoe, but their shoes are not cut for my foot. Chinese women are very petite and not curvy as a rule. Western women have better food and better access to food, so we are well rounded. Clothing is tight in the arms, bust and rear end.

I have had several jackets, blouses and trousers custom made for me by Chinese tailors. Their workmanship is excellent. There are Chinese sellers on e-bay that will custom make clothing for you when you send your measurements. A lot of formal wear can be ordered this way.

I can tell you that the US imports a lot of junk from China. I also can tell you that China has many quality, handmade. beautiful items for sale in their country. I have linens I purchased there that are breathtaking.

I would never purchase rack clothing from China, but scarves, belts, leather goods and jewelry. linens, electronic accessories, and the like I would. I would read the reviews on the seller, of course, before I did.