Contributor

Color wow or Joan River great hair day?

Which one ladies? Color wow or Joan Rivers great hair days or any other product you know of for that in between hair colorings. My hair grows super fast, I have to color every three weeks. Can't afford that. HELP ??
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Color wow or Joan River great hair day?

Do you have it done at a salon?

Contributor

Yes
Esteemed Contributor

Joan rivers' product is much better in my opinion. I have tried both, but I found that JR's goes on better and covers much easier. I use the blonde one, which is really for brown hair, not blonde hair.
Trusted Contributor

I have both and feel Color WOW is superior. There are more colors to select from with color wow and the colors have depth and contrast to them. They look very natural once on your hair and they stay put. Color Wow is also highly pigmented so you don't need a lot and it lasts a long time. I feel Joan's colors are dull, don't look natural and do not match properly. I strongly recommend you go with COLOR WOW!!! I have been using it for over a year now and love it. I don't even use Joan's product any more - its stuffed away in a cabinet.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/18/2014 Danielle46 said:

I have both and feel Color WOW is superior. There are more colors to select from with color wow and the colors have depth and contrast to them. They look very natural once on your hair and they stay put. Color Wow is also highly pigmented so you don't need a lot and it lasts a long time. I feel Joan's colors are dull, don't look natural and do not match properly. I strongly recommend you go with COLOR WOW!!! I have been using it for over a year now and love it. I don't even use Joan's product any more - its stuffed away in a cabinet.

I agree with you on all points.

If you want to cover your scalp, go with JR's. If it's gray you want to cover go with Color Wow.

Respected Contributor

I have very dark dark brown roots and my dyed color is a caramel color. I need to do my roots every 3-4 weeks. I use Clairol's Root Touch Up. It gives me at least 2 more weeks before I ave to go to the salon. You can also use Oscar Boldi's highlight pen for your scalp but you have to practice to get it right. my husband loves Joan's Great Hair Day. Hope this helps. Stay well
Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Super Contributor

I've never tried either of the two mentioned, but I use a product I get from Sally Beauty. It's called Claudia Stevens Color that Gray. I use it to cover my grays b/t colorings. I don't have a lot of gray anyway, but I use it to cover at my scalp and around my temple area. I also can dab it lightly onto my skin underneath my hair at the temples. My hair has thinned just a bit there. It comes in a little box and has two shades per box. I think it may come in 3 or 4 shades overall. I have light to medium brown hair, and I have used two different shades....the one that is for darker brown and the one for medium brown. It works like a charm...stays on b/t shampoos with only a very slight touch-up needed in the morning. (I only shampoo my hair 2 times a week, 3x max.) The best thing is that it only costs $10. Try it and see what you think!!

Valued Contributor

I bought the Color Wow only because the reviews were good.When I use it I get a mess on the counter.Also it is made in China.The one from Joan Rivers works much better and makes me look ten years younger.I apply it with the BE flathead brush.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/19/2014 Bibione said:

I bought the Color Wow only because the reviews were good.When I use it I get a mess on the counter.Also it is made in China.The one from Joan Rivers works much better and makes me look ten years younger.I apply it with the BE flathead brush.

I find the opposite. The Joan Rivers product is grittier and the blond is darker so I get more residue on the counter.

How does the JR product make you look 10 years younger?