Honored Contributor

How many eyeshadows do you all NEED ?

I always use a violet pallet so I have one little quad of lavender to purple with a ivory in one of them. But I see ladies who buy many many colors all the time. So I am wondering why you NEED so many various colors. I know that purple shades best compliment my green eyes so I always stick with that.

Respected Contributor

Re: How many eyeshadows do you all NEED ?

Because I don't want to wear purple -- or any other color- eye shadow every day? I have blue eyes, and there are a LOT of. looks that compliment my eyes.
Super Contributor

The answer is simple --- because we like wearing different colors.

Honored Contributor

Some women, like my sister, like variety and they coordinate their eye shadows with their outfits. So they need a lot of colors. I don't wear it anymore but when I did, I wore different color palettes; always warm earth tones and soft golds.
Super Contributor

19 ,AND OVER HUNDREDS PACKED AWAY...I mix 4 at any application.

Super Contributor

On 10/18/2014 happy housewife said:

I always use a violet pallet so I have one little quad of lavender to purple with a ivory in one of them. But I see ladies who buy many many colors all the time. So I am wondering why you NEED so many various colors. I know that purple shades best compliment my green eyes so I always stick with that.

Does this mean Elizabeth Taylor only used green eyeshadow?

Super Contributor

On 10/18/2014 FUTURE said: Because I don't want to wear purple -- or any other color- eye shadow every day? I have blue eyes, and there are a LOT of. looks that compliment my eyes.

have you tried coppery or olive colors ?

Honored Contributor

I like variety. Nothing wrong with that. Why do you care how many eyeshadows people have?
Honored Contributor

Eyeshadow makes makeup fun and I have a gazillion colors! I like to wear different colors every day. I like to play with eyeliners too
Honored Contributor

I'm not criticizing I am curious what ladies do with all those colors is all. I have always used just the purple shades because they best accent my eye color - i thought that was supposed to be the point of wearing eye shadow - to accent eye color. i was looking at one of those kits that has several different blushes - I always wear the same blush -and about 20 different eyeshadow colors, and I thought I'd only use about 10% of what was in that kit.