Honored Contributor

REVIEW of Cargo essential eye shadow palette

I am over 65 and am always on the look out for nice looking eye shadows and blushes that will NOT make me feel like a neon light bulb.

I was at Kohl's looking around the other day and notice several new lines of make up that Kohl's has just added to their of make up collections. One is Pur mineral line. Another new one is ELLE. CARGO was another new line.

I was looking at all the new color lines just imagining what colors would look good on me for blush and eye shadow, even foundation.

I did purchase PUR marble Powder Pink that can be used as blush, eyes and even lips. It was OK for eyes, have not tried for blush or lip area as of yet.

CARGO EYE SHADOW, I was so leaning towards passing up the palettes. The colors looked so dark and not for the older person. Something just kicked in, and I broke down and I purchased the 4 palettes Kohl's had in stock. I opened and used them today, just really playing around with what I could do with these eye shadow palettes.

Was so very pleased with what I found. They are matte colors, which I, for my age I like better then the shimmery ones I have and use. The colors in these palettes may be DARK and look ominous , actually are light in color when applied to the eye area. I used 2 applications each for each area I did. Under brow, lid, and crease area. The deepest color for corner of the eye, I used as my eye liner. The colors went on smoothly, and actually made my eyes pop.

Each bar in the palette is marked for which area of the eye it should be applied too. BROW, LID, CREASE AND CORNER.

There are 5 palettes colors:: Cool neutral, Warm neutral, Smokey Gray, Bronze, Deep neutral.

I was advised that Kohl's is now the exclusive store for CARGO MAKE UP. You can still purchase it on line at many stores. Eventually the Cargo make up line will only be found at Kohl's.

I am giving this eye shadow a 5 STAR . They are worth the money to me $34.00 per palette.

Honored Contributor

Re: REVIEW of Cargo essential eye shadow palette

Thanks for the review. The only Cargo product I have is their former lip gloss. I love it so much that I bought almost every color.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

Love the Cargo waterproof BLUSH and Bronzer...It was sold for a time on Shop Q

I do not know how waterproof it is but the colors are exceptional

Respected Contributor

I like their eyeliners and HD blush! Cargo is a great brand that I think is underrated. Lipgloss quads by them are great too! Great review of the palettes!