Valued Contributor

O/T Have any of you Beauties tried Bikram Yoga?

I don't want to post this in health & fitness as I'm more familiar with the BB. I'm a yoga fan, but have never tried "hot yoga" and was just wondering if anyone has? It is kind of beauty-related because it's supposed to be good for your skin Smiley Happy. Tia!
Respected Contributor

Re: O/T Have any of you Beauties tried Bikram Yoga?

Sorry that I have not tried this. Just wanted to give you an answer because I love working out. I just started with a new workout called PiYo which is a combo of pilates and yoga. It is really tough! I was never a fan of either but wow this is not an easy workout. I do believe that any workout is good for the skin. Plus it keeps you looking younger and feeling younger.

New Contributor

I love yoga and go to class 5-6 days a week, but am not a fan of hot yoga, I tend to feel lightheaded at times during the class. I know lots of people love it, it's just not for me.
Super Contributor

I LOVE Bikram Yoga!! I practice about 5 times per week!!! It helps with so many things and I agree, it is GREAT for my skin!!! Very highly recommend!!! Namaste!!!
Super Contributor

yes drink plenty of water before you go, and don't eat a big meal, a banana or yogurt are fine. It gets really hot so bring a towel with you, and you might be really tired afterward, so if you have major housework to do, get it finished before you go.

Valued Contributor

I've never been to a class, but I have the Rachel Welch yoga vhs which is the Bikram Yoga sequence. He actually sued her and she had to stop making the videos. I hope to take a class some day. I am currently doing the Ultimate Yogi dvds, but I am breaking them up so I only do it on Sundays. I lift weights and do other things during the week.

Tricolor, I heard good things about PIYO. Glad you are enjoying it.

Valued Contributor

Thank you all for your replies. I think I will try just one class to see. I do pilates on my reformer, ride my bike during good weather, do yoga and lots of walking. Just thought I'd give something else a try.