Valued Contributor

OT/what are a few of your favorite things?

Mine are the sound and smell of coffee in the morning..., looking out over the ocean in the early morning, when it is barely light. It looks so beautiful, there is a pink haze, looks astral...my house when it is perfectly clean...finding packages on my doorstep
Super Contributor

Re: OT/what are a few of your favorite things?

the face of my grandson when he spends the night. We enjoy a small breakfast and after we drive him to school I love to visit the gardens as well as drop flowers and magazines off at the nursing home . Then come home and visit here or look at my plans for the night. I can in no way ever complaine about my mornings. I compare my wardrobe and at times look at a few globes as I adore globes i collected on many wonderful trips.

MORNING IS A PLEASURE . Nighttime is as well.

Super Contributor

I love when I wake up early before DH and just have some quiet time (after feeding the pets and letting the dogs out in the yard).

I love getting into my nice cozy bed early and reading...always with a cat or two curled up next to me.

I love loud, booming thunderstorms, which are very rare where we live now. We had a lot of them when we lived in St. Louis.

I love the sounds of nature...rain, birds twittering, the ocean, a crackling fireplace, crickets, frogs croaking, the sounds of a walk in the woods.

I love watching sunrises, sunsets, and stargazing.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Respected Contributor

The smell of fresh bread baking and eating it just as well. Love hearing old tunes that bring back memories from when I was younger and care free.

Trusted Contributor

"I love getting into my nice cozy bed early and reading...always with a cat or two curled up next to me.

I love loud, booming thunderstorms, which are very rare where we live now. We had a lot of them when we lived in St. Louis.

I love the sounds of nature...rain, birds twittering, the ocean, a crackling fireplace, crickets, frogs croaking, the sounds of a walk in the woods."

- Me too Madisson!!! Like Luvpoos, I also like the smell of freshly baked bread. I'll add the smell of freshly cut grass, the smell after it rains, and the taste of fine chocolate!

Frequent Contributor

The ocean

Mountains

The smell of freshly mowed grass

Having the knowledge and ability to take care of others

The smell of mint

Thunderstorms

Puppy breath

My husband's smile and hugs

And these are all FREE!

Super Contributor

cerb, if you just click "quote," it will recopy all of another person's text for you so that you have no need to re-type it. I'm glad that you like similar things to my likes.

One big one that I forgot was the sound of trains (especially at night). The whistle blowing sounds so lonely at night. I grew up a couple blocks from a train depot as a child.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Occasional Contributor

Sunset in Maui. Sunrise on the Maroon Bells. Watching my kitten play with anything. My cat coming up to me, then my husband to say goodnight ?? - she actually touches her nose to our nose. The utter and complete silence when hiking in the mountains on a less used tail. The warmth of the sun. Reading this forum and learning so many good tricks and tips - I don't respond much, but when ever I read here, y'all always bring a smile to my face and a brand new (or old) product that I haven't heard about yet. Who needs beauty magazines?? Y'all know more than they do, and y'all know it first. Thanks for reading and letting me read and respond at my own pace. You ladies and gents always make my day! God Bless!
Super Contributor

Train's at night . I would have never thought ?

Respected Contributor

Walking by myself along the shore at the beach. The sound of the waves and any birds, the gentle breezes, the solitude are very calming for me.