Trusted Contributor

Quality brushes That are Affordable? anyone?

So Ok, I admit Mally and Laura and MAC and LANCOME have great brushes. Thank goodness I have some from products I've purchased but is there a professional grade set of good brushes ouut there. $299.00 too much I don't care if i love the vendor and the products and the packaging and the shipping. ITS TOO MUCH for me. ]

Any truly good brush sets? i bought a set labeled MAC, came in a roll up case in every shape imaginable and you said it- fakes.

Valued Contributor

Re: Quality brushes That are Affordable? anyone?

The BEST brush set I ever owned was a Mary Kay set I bought yrs ago. After many many cleanings they are still going strong. I have no idea if the quality is still the same, but I find they are so much better than the IT cosmetic brushes even (and they would be my second choice)
Frequent Contributor

I love MAC brushes but found that there are quite a few counterfeit knock offs out there so I only buy them from the MAC website or the MAC counter, it is unfortunate but happens with higher end items. I have even found some makeup or skin care products that are counterfeit.

Sigma has some very nice brushes, they kind of started off copying MAC brushes but they are a good quality and mine have lasted for years. The good thing about them copying MAC brushes is that for every MAC brush there is an affordable Sigma brush, they just go by a different numbering system so it takes a while to figure out which is which.

IT also has fantastic brushes but wow, the price is really high. But give Sigma a try, you can even google the reviews. Four a couple of the eye brushes I actually like Sigma better than MAC.

Esteemed Contributor

Real techniques make great brushes. I have a set of twelve sigma brushes I got for under one hundred dollars.
Valued Contributor

I have never heard of sigma, are they avail only online or do the beauty stores carry them also? Do you have a number for a good blush brush? I could use a couple new ones of those.
Trusted Contributor

Sigma seven piece eye set is $79.00, theEssentials set $159.00 on Amazon. Whew! Perhaps buying Mally's sets with good makeup I can use is the way to go. IT doesn't have colors I can use so there'd be no savings there. Sigma brushes do look to be quite nice. But $45.00 for one is steep. I can always buy one a month or so if Mally doesn't have a set. No wonder QVC doesn't send any brushes with their AD collections or Supersized items!
Honored Contributor

For a more economical brush, Eco Tools and Real Techniques have some nice offerings. However, I'm really partial to IT Cosmetics brushes. I've collected several individual brushes when they were included with kits, but the set that's here on QVC (A237934) is really nice, too, and a good value.

Valued Contributor

Most really good brushes are very pricey when purchased separately, however I have found you do not always get the really good quality brushes with the sets.
Frequent Contributor

Wow, I just went on the Sigma website as I havent bought their brushes in a while and I have noticed the prices have gone up quite a bit since I last bought their brushes. The shadow brushes were around $9.00 when I bought mine and now they are starting at $14 so, while I do think they have nice brushes, I completely forgot about the Real techniques ones that others have mentioned. I have their basic eye set and a stippling brush, got them all at Walmart and they are very nice. RT is also sold at Ulta and online.

Honored Contributor

elf studio has some very good quality brushes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**