Super Contributor

---Paging HappyDaze--Glutathione-Vitamin C question---

Just going to c/p question from other Vitamin C thread, maybe it keeps getting missed, but I'm really interested in finding an answer, because if Glutathione works, as stated, topically, that's huge!

<blockquote style="word-wrap: break-word; outline: none; letter-spacing: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 22px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 0px 10px 10px; zoom: 1; background-image: url('http://community.qvc.com/Portals/1/Skins/QVC.Skins/images/blockquote_header.jpg'); background-position: 100% 0px; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat;"> <p style="line-height: 16px; margin: 0px 0px 12px; word-wrap: break-word; outline: none; letter-spacing: 0px; padding: 0px; zoom: 1;"> well, obviously you will have to make up your own mind but glutathione actually works together well with both vitamin C and E in our bodies and topically.Glutathione can actually regenerate Vitmain C back to its' active form and Vitamin C also helps to increase the glutathione that is within our cells. That is why you tend to see glutathione in many serums or moisturizers that also contain Vitamin C. So yes, you are still getting the benefits of the glutathione (in fact, moreso with the addition of vitamin C) but of course, it isn't necessarily something you will "see" results since it is an antioxidant and more of a preventative thing (for preventing sun damage/assist in free radical scavenging) than something that will change the current condition of your skin (i.e. a change you can actually "see" in your skin).

<p style="line-height: 16px; margin: 0px 0px 12px; word-wrap: break-word; outline: none; letter-spacing: 0px; padding: 0px; zoom: 1;"> But if price is more of an issue to you than the added benefit of an additional antioxidant, than I understand why you'd want to chose that route instead. Smile

<p style="line-height: 16px; margin: 0px 0px 12px; word-wrap: break-word; outline: none; letter-spacing: 0px; padding: 0px; zoom: 1;">

How can/does that work topically?

Intreging!

Did you read that somewhere?

Please post reference, very interested in learning about how that could be done. TIA

HappyDaze,

Reposting my above question, maybe you just missed it in all the posts so hopefully you'll see it now.

Really interested in learning more about this. TIA!

Super Contributor

Re: ---Paging HappyDaze--Glutathione-Vitamin C question---

Clueless as to why it printed that way!

Super Contributor

Kick

Trusted Contributor

Magemay, I would also love to see some independent research that proves glutathione actually works as a topical antioxidant.

When Isomers had their glutathione TSV, I looked around the web for independent research on glutathione and found a big fat nothing. Lots of speculation that it *should* work as a topical antioxidant but nothing that proved it. I remember reading somewhere that glutathione is not actually absorbed by the skin. So, I took a pass on the TSV and figured it was another of Isomers latest 'ingredient du jour'.

Super Contributor

On 10/17/2014 Sweet Susie said:

Magemay, I would also love to see some independent research that proves glutathione actually works as a topical antioxidant.

When Isomers had their glutathione TSV, I looked around the web for independent research on glutathione and found a big fat nothing. Lots of speculation that it *should* work as a topical antioxidant but nothing that proved it. I remember reading somewhere that glutathione is not actually absorbed by the skin. So, I took a pass on the TSV and figured it was another of Isomers latest 'ingredient du jour'.

I would like to learn more too, Sweet Susie, but the information that I was able to find is rather scant, which surprises me actually, considering the claims made of the topical application of Glutathione have become a buzz in the cosmetic industry. I would think that the research to substantiate the claims would be relatively easy to find. I haven't been able to find much at all, maybe others will chime in if they have other findings.

From NCN's website:

http://ncnskincare.com/images/Glutathione-stabilizes-ascorbic-acid.pdf

This is a rather old study and I haven't been able to find anything that further evaluates or substantiates it's findings, which is interesting, because that's typically what happens when studies have, what appear to be, significant findings.

These are non cosmetic studies but relevant:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16008727

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17413890

Thanks for the kick, Maren! Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Out of curiosity, I wanted to see if Glutathione made it onto the antioxidant list on The Letter, but it's not there.

http://www.skintherapyletter.com/2008/13.7/2.html

Super Contributor

I would like to know too where HappyDaze found that information. I've read the article that is cited on the NCN website but all I got out of it is that glutathione stabilizes vitamin c. I did read somewhere that glutathione is not as effective at a too high or too low ph but I'm not sure the information I read was accurate. I tried to find the article again but didn't have any luck. I'm almost positive it was an article on how to make your own glutathione serum.