Valued Contributor

Anyone order from Mountain Rose Herbs?

I just placed an order last night from Shea Terra Organics for a few items.

I ordered some Tamanu oil which is priced at $24 for 2 ounces, although I was able to use the 30% discount.

Today, I was researching this item on Amazon and found a review from someone who purchased theirs at the above named company. Their price is $21.25 for 8 ounces.

From my past orders with Shea Terra, I've been very pleased with everything; however, was just wondering if anyone here has any thoughts on the subject, particularly with the big difference in price.

Thank you.

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone order from Mountain Rose Herbs?

I have ordered that exact item, Tamanu oil from Mountain Rose Herbs back when Lauren Hutton was selling this oil on HSN. The oil from MRH was darker in color then Laurens and a very strong scent of the nut, not sure if that is good or not but quite frankly I didnt like it. It ended up sitting until I tossed it.

I liked Lauren's Tamanu and was sorry when she quit offering it. It sank into your skin very nicely, I felt the MRH's sat on top of my skin. Hope that helps!

Valued Contributor

I have purchased my rosehip seed oil from them. I did not have sny problem and have been happy with my purchase.
Super Contributor

They were the first company of their type that I ordered products from, I think roughly about 12 yrs ago.

They are trustworthy and reputable.

Respected Contributor

I agree, they are trustworthy and reputable, I would buy from them again, I just didnt care for that product!!

I love their site, alot of good reading material...