Regular Contributor

Anyone use SSC Retinol Serum?

I have been using Peter Thomas Roth 2 oz Retinol and his Unwrinkle night cream whiich was a TSV a few months ago. It's pretty pricey but I love it. I delayed my auto delivery and purchased Serious Skincare A Force XR Retinol Serum Concentrate from Amazon in a 2 oz size (same size as PTR) It was only $25 so I am going to see if I like it as well as PTR. Paula gave it a very good review so I'm going to give it a shot to save money.

Anyone use this and can give me some feedback please.

“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”
Regular Contributor

Re: Anyone use SSC Retinol Serum?

Anyone?.....

“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.”
Trusted Contributor

Not anymore. It works because you get the soreness typical of retinol but Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion is on the best of the best list on Paulaschoice and she usually bashes him. She also likes ( only best category but still far above competitors) PTR FirmX gel peel. Then poor Jennifer lost credibility when the government made her drop her " acne cure" claims about the original glycolic set. I loved that set and I don't even have acne. The cleanser is better than Purity but I don't think they still have it------ then there's Adrienne's time release capsules, Wonderful and don't hurt as much. I think SSC has some very good products and the ordinary person can afford the whole collection of their chosen product line, like Pure Pep Innovations . I buy Adrienne's capsule collections. And will continue to do so.
Regular Contributor

Thanks InGot. I know SSC has less than stellar ingredients but Paula did have good things to say about the A Force serum so I figured I would give it a shot. At least I didn't spend much money on it. I do love PTR's retinol and I do see results but was hoping for something cheaper. But as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. I also use his FirmX Peel gel and his Mega Rich moisturizer. Never tried Adrienne's products. Good to know her capsules are good. And she just had a Today's Special with them in it.

Valued Contributor

I use SSC's a-force on a daily basis. Let me add it is retinyl palmitate and not pure retinol. It does NOT have the burn as a perscription retinol, there is literally ZERO burn to it. That's the reason why I like it. It also sinks right into the skin, no fuss or mess.

I also use SSC's retinol cleanser on a daily basis as well as the retinol spf 30 sometimes. The retinol night cream is to die for, so moisturizing. You can get great kits on HSN.

Regular Contributor

Thanks CaitlinH. I've already ordered the serum to try. Found a great deal on Amazon. I left the PTR's AD in place if I don't like the A Force. It's worth a try. I have so many moisturizers I don't need a whole kit for a while.

Valued Contributor

I love the A Force line, have been using it for yrs. Not prescription retinol, but then neither is PTR's. I think it is just as good at a better price. I have no soreness or raw skin with it. Try it.
Regular Contributor

Good to know there's no irritation as I have sensitive skin. No, neither one is prescription Retinol. But as long as I see results that's all I care about. And if I can save money that's a much needed bonus.

Trusted Contributor

There is a PTR boxed set for about $50.00 on QVC. It has a 0.5 oz retinol fusion, the full size FirmX peel, cleansers for face and body and a small cucumber masque and a decent sized oil. I canceled once then found the price of the kit less than the one FirmX elsewhere. Even on Amazon the retinol fusion is 55 plus dollars for an ounce. He loves his oil and I'll trust him on this one. So I had it reinstated .
Valued Contributor

I use it during the day, the cleanser, the serum and the cream. At night I use the cleanser and Argan oil. My skin is 54, very few wrinkles and soft and supple. My mom is 86 and has great skin and has used plain old Oil of Olay in the pink bottle since I was a little girl, so I know I was blessed with good genes also.