Frequent Contributor

Oil of Olay Regenerist Fragrance Free

Any reviews on this product. I am 64 with very dry sensitive skin and have not found anything that I am really happy with. Tried Estee Lauder Verite for sensitive skin - just ok. Tried some Bobbi Brown skincare but maybe I choose the wrong product. Any help you can provide for a good moisturize, fragrance free would be appreciate. I am sensitive to some botanicals (Lavender and Geranium) in particular.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Oil of Olay Regenerist Fragrance Free

From Beautypedia.com: This is a silky, water-based serum that contains a fairly broad complement of beneficial ingredients for all skin types. It contains approximately 2% to 3% niacinamide, and, in this amount, it can increase the skin's ceramide and fatty acid content as well as have anti-inflammatory action and work to reduce hyperpigmentation (Sources: The New Ideal in Skin Health: Separating Fact From Fiction, Thornfeldt Carl MD, Allured Books, 2010, pages 160-161; and Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, April 2004, pages 88–93).

Olay claims the peptide this contains can regenerate and intensely hydrate skin. Peptides are cell-communicating ingredients that can help improve skin's appearance and enhance its healthy functioning, but they are not miracle-workers for skin, nor are they all that hydrating on their own. They're good ingredients to see in anti-aging products, but they're not must-haves, so don't get too caught up in the peptide hype.

The various types of silicones that really give this product its elegant texture and make skin feel unbelievably silky, while the aluminum starch lends a powder-like finish best for normal to oily skin. This serum runs circles around most products sold as foundation primers, so be sure to consider this if you're of the mindset that a primer is essential to seamless makeup application. You can use a serum like this instead and save yourself an extra step!

Respected Contributor

i am 65 and have always struggled with dry (very dry) skin. recently i discovered a facial oil, quite by accident. i had never put oil on my face before but a make up lady did it in conjunction with a make over. i cannot say enough about oil and what a difference it makes for my skin In addition to the oil, i had stumbled on the oil of olay regenerest (fragrance free) because i had a coupon. the combination of the oil on my face and then the oil of olay regenerest on top of that is pure HEAVEN for my skin. please do yourself a favor and give it a try! i have two back ups in my cabinet and whenever i see a coupon, i grab another jar. this is one product that i will NEVER be without!

ps: i can only use fragrance free products which is the only reason i gave it a try in the first place.

Esteemed Contributor

I have used it for years and also Boots No 7, love both of them. I do not like any fragrance in my beauty items, so that is a plus.

Trusted Contributor

thanks for the info. Olay regenerist products have been on Paula's best of best in just about every category at one time or another. I think two are on that elite list today. I tried the cream and couldn't tolerate the odor- exactly like Adreinne Arpel's 5 essentials cream. It's a pleasant smell but nauseating after a few minutes under your nose. Now that the serum, cream and maybe others are fragrance free I'll be able to give up my Dr Denese AD. And what a savings that'll be.

Honored Contributor

I've been using the regenerist primer and it is terrific
Respected Contributor

I have been using the regenerist line since it came out and total effects 7 before that but the regenerist line is the best for my dry mature skin.

I use the regenerist serum day and night than for night use the regenerist microsculpture cream over it but once in awhile I alternate and use the microsculpture serum under it at night. I have had good luck with this line and always go back to it regardless what else tempts me, always come back to this OOO.

Honored Contributor

I think if one is going to use a drugstore brand, Olay Regenerist (any of the fragrance free ones) are the best choices...hands' down. I've seen the reviews, and they are overwhelmingly favorable. That's what I use when I buy a drugstore one.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

On 10/15/2014 InGOT said:

thanks for the info. Olay regenerist products have been on Paula's best of best in just about every category at one time or another. I think two are on that elite list today. I tried the cream and couldn't tolerate the odor- exactly like Adreinne Arpel's 5 essentials cream. It's a pleasant smell but nauseating after a few minutes under your nose. Now that the serum, cream and maybe others are fragrance free I'll be able to give up my Dr Denese AD. And what a savings that'll be.

I don't put a whole lot of credence in everything PB says, but I do read her reviews on the Olay line. She very much puts that line--the fragrance free versions-at the top. I only buy the ff ones when I can. I avoid the perfumes and scents added.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

I'm in my 40s and I use the Olay Regenerist line regularly. The only bad thing I have to say about them is they discontinue products frequently. The Foaming Face Wash, Micro Sculpting Cream and Serum, the Night Cream and the Deep Hydration Cream are staples for that line. I love the Micro Sculpting Cream and Serum. I have been using both since my 30s. My skin still looks awesome!

Is there any particular product from the line you are interested in? I've used them all.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.