Esteemed Contributor

Silicone & Sulfate Free Shampoo

Does anyone know of a silicone/sulfate free shampoo and conditioner? I have straight fine hair. I've been using Wen for years, but I truly have never been thrilled with the results. I am giving up on Wen and looking for suggestions for a new shampoo.
Contributor

Re: Silicone & Sulfate Free Shampoo

SHEA MOISTURE

Go to their website, browse all their products.

Super Contributor

When I decided to become an unWenner I tried a number of sulfate frees and found Suzanne Organics (Suzanne Somers) shampoo to work really well on my hair. I also like Acure's Moroccan Argan Stem Cell that I bought on a whim to bring a total up for free shipping and it turned out to be a whim winner. It's about $8 something for 8oz. Gotta love that. These are my 2 favorite shampoos. They're also great mixed together.

I did find a cc that I like a lot more than Wen from "Ingredients to die for", it's one of their own finished products (they formulate for private labels) from their Organicals line. It rinses out easier then Wen does and doesn't weigh my hair down.

So these are the 3 that keep my hair happy and the ones I continue to buy.

Finding the right shampoo can be tough, like everything beauty, it's usually trial and error.

Good luck!

Super Contributor

On 10/14/2014 magemay said:

When I decided to become an unWenner I tried a number of sulfate frees and found Suzanne Organics (Suzanne Somers) shampoo to work really well on my hair. I also like Acure's Moroccan Argan Stem Cell that I bought on a whim to bring a total up for free shipping and it turned out to be a whim winner. It's about $8 something for 8oz. Gotta love that. These are my 2 favorite shampoos. They're also great mixed together.

I did find a cc that I like a lot more than Wen from "Ingredients to die for", it's one of their own finished products (they formulate for private labels) from their Organicals line. It rinses out easier then Wen does and doesn't weigh my hair down.

Finding the right shampoo can be tough, like everything beauty, it's usually trial and error.

Good luck!

Which product of theirs do you get, specifically? I can't believe I'm asking this because I've been all WEN for years & years, but you never know, right? I've been on the Ingredients...site and there's too much to choose from. Is it the Organicals Hair Cleansing Creme?

Cheers!

Respected Contributor

Hello, MFitz. Smile

I haven't tried this, but Nick Chavez has products called Advanced Plump 'N Thick Thickening shampoo and conditioner. I don't think it's silicone-free, but it's sulfate-free and paraben-free. Hope you find something that works well for you.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Super Contributor

On 10/14/2014 F1wild said:
On 10/14/2014 magemay said:

When I decided to become an unWenner I tried a number of sulfate frees and found Suzanne Organics (Suzanne Somers) shampoo to work <em>really</em> well on my hair. I also like Acure's Moroccan Argan Stem Cell that I bought on a whim to bring a total up for free shipping and it turned out to be a whim winner. It's about $8 something for 8oz. Gotta love that. These are my 2 favorite shampoos. They're also great mixed together.

Good luck!

Which product of theirs do you get, specifically? I can't believe I'm asking this because I've been all WEN for years & years, but you never know, right? I've been on the Ingredients...site and there's too much to choose from. Is it the Ourganicals Hair Cleansing Creme?

Cheers!

Yes Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

On 10/14/2014 njnj said:

SHEA MOISTURE

Love Shea Moisture. Walmart and Tartget sell it, too.

Honored Contributor

On 10/15/2014 1978christian said:
On 10/14/2014 njnj said:

SHEA MOISTURE

CVS also. And some BBBs carry many of their products, which is nice because you can use their coupons.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

On 10/15/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 10/15/2014 1978christian said:
On 10/14/2014 njnj said:

SHEA MOISTURE

CVS also. And some BBBs carry many of their products, which is nice because you can use their coupons.

SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus co-wash is BOGO 50% off at Walgreens. I might just try it.

Frequent Contributor

Another vote for Shea Moisture products. They have three new lines: Super Fruit Complex; Jamaica Black Castor Oil; and Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil. Ahhhmazing! I can also recommend the Giovanni line. My favs are 50:50 Balance, Tea Tree Triple Treat, and the Direct Leave-In. Both lines are chemical and cruelty free. You can find them at Target, Walmart, and CVS (not Giovanni). Giovanni is also at Whole Foods.