Respected Contributor

HUGE HUGE FOUNDATION AND BROW PRODUCTS, HUGE RAVE

I have used BB, LG, both the regular and the new BE bareskin as well as IT CC foundation, EL and the newer Mally liquid in the compact. The IT CC was very heavy feeling for me plus it stayed tacky. The LG was a powder as was the original BE which I can no longer wear. I tried double wear and a liquid BB, both of these were just okay.

I did really like both the liquid Mally in the compact and the new BE bareskin, both were light feeling on my face and both lasted and were buildable.

I LOVE the Mally air brush mousse and boy do I love this one. It only takes a small amount, is buildable, and comes with a nice brush although it says you can use your fingers, sponge or a brush whichever your prefer.

I used my fingers on one side of my face and the brush that comes with it on the other side. Both were good but I got use to using my Real Techniques expert face brush with other liquids I have used over the years so for me I prefer using the brush.

It does take a very small amount, will last all day and all night and still look and feel the same way. It is also very light weight, medium coverage although this too is buildable. It isn't at all sticky/tacky feeling and my face really does look like I air brushed it.

I think I have finally found my HG for foundation, thank goodness.

Item A 262216 and it is $41.12 and is 1.7 ounces, nice size, comes with a nice brush.

I got medium light. I have regular light in the IT CC foundation as well as light in the Mally liquid compact and Bare Shell in the BE bareskin BUT this medium light is the best, is perfect for me without any other color in it.

OKAY, found HG for my brows finally too and boy did I try everything out there.

I prefer a pencil since I have no brow hairs at all on the tail part or from the arch(what arch) I have so, nothing for powders to stick to .

I have the Tarte gel in the tiny compact, looks too harsh and does take a bit of learning. I have ybf pencils, IT original pencils, Clinique pencil, BB powder and gel plus others I forgot about.

I just got the IT 5 in 1 gel powder pencil duo in taupe which I am very glad I did. I was going to order brunette but that color in on a WL so I took taupe, glad, matches and looks great. I do have almost black brows what I have that is.

This is different from any pencil I have ever used. Don't press too hard, is very soft and goes on so fluid like, almost glides on. I put this on in less than a minutes and it looks great. The item number is A240491 and it is $29 for the duo. I LOVE these and boy do they look great on, best brows I have ever had for a change. There is a spoolie brush on the other end and this pencil does swivel up but no need to sharpen, stays perfect and looks perfect on.

I think I have finally found my HG for brows and foundation which is a huge thing for me.

For eye lining I prefer Mally deep olive although I do have and use 2 LG baked shadows as liners once in awhile and they are also good as long as I use a lid primer, my cheapie $1 ELF sheer lid primer.

I like the IT stain stick for my lips but not for cheeks, is suppose to be both but is sticky on the cheeks, not on the lips and it lasts. I do put Vaseline on my lips at bedtime.

I do like the BE blush that came in the last TSV with the bareskin but also like the Tarte in the brown textured compact but really don't need a blush, have a slight rosiness to my cheeks, just enough.

SO, for those looking for a great foundation OR brow product

MALLY AIR BRUSH MOUSSE FOUNDATION

Item A 262216 and it is $41.12 and is 1.7 ounces, nice size, comes with a nice brush.

AND

IT 5 in 1 gel powder brow pencil duo

item number is A240491 and it is $29 for the duo for $29.

Super Contributor

Re: HUGE HUGE FOUNDATION AND BROW PRODUCTS, HUGE RAVE

Thank you for your in-depth review. Is your skin tone warm or cool? I have cool and warm tones and I have problems finding a neutral tone foundation I like. I have never tried any of Mally's products.

I have avoided ordering a taupe shade for my eyebrows, because a lot of taupe's have a greenish tint to them. Does It's taupe shade?

TIA

Respected Contributor

Those are great reviews. I really want to try the brow pencils now. Maybe I can draw an arch to my brows!

Respected Contributor

I have a cool undertone, neutral as some call it so it is hard to find one that doesn't have another color under tone in it.

I ordered taupe because the dark brown is on a WL but I did go on the WL and want to compare both since my brows, what I have, are almost black. The taupe would work but I can see the brows in the center(only place I really have brows) and can see they are much darker than the taupe but it would work. I do want to try the dark brown before deciding BUT, do love this 5 in 1 gel powder pencil, best I ever tried of any brow product ever and boy does it stay put.

They are very easy to make a brow with just don't press hard, almost glides on by itself.

The taupe is light ot medium brown, don't see any green to it and she did say almost anyone can wear taupe, suppose to be a neutral color but am thinking maybe dark brown would be best for me but really really love this pencil duo.

Valued Contributor

Thank you ! I like the it brow pencils you mentioned. I've tried all her brow products, and just ordered her newest one. The only thing I don't like about the gel brow pencil is that it drys out before I am able to use it all. It does work really well though. Thanks for your review of mallys foundation!
Honored Contributor

Isn't it great when you find some HG's?! Smile

Like you, I've used many. I ordered Mally's mousse when it first came out. They sent me the wrong color, but I decided to wear it one day just to see if it would work. I loved the consistency of it. I was standing in line at the pharmacy after a long day, and a lady in line asked me what I used. She wrote the information down and how to get it. She said my skin was "perfect"! The color was too dark, so I did send it back for the lighter shade. It's still one of my favorites. I also love her Poreless Perfection Foundation.

I've also gone through many brow products. I've tried the IT one you love, and it's great. But I have trouble matching shade colors. Taupe is the wrong color for me, and a lot of blonde ones have too many greyish tones. This one doesn't. I like it, but my favorite right now is Anastasia dipbrow in blonde. It's the right color, and it stays on forever!

I'm so glad you are happy with both of these.

I'll have to admit though that, even when I find the perfect product, I never stop looking at others!! Wink

Respected Contributor

you ladies are so right. Why do we do this, keep looking even though we say we love what we have and think of it as our HG?

I am very very happy with this foundation. The first day I got way too much out but the second day I pressed the top very gently and got a whole lot less out than the first day, good. The medium light is perfect for me which I was glad, hate sending things back but do of course like so many others.

With the new BE bareskin I went to Ulta first and got a shade match, bare shell, also perfect but I prefer the look and feel of this Mally air brush mousse foundation, same with the Mally liquid in the compact, also like this and light is perfect for me BUT it won't last very long, less than 1/2 ounce, not a good deal I don't think where this Mally is 1.7 ounces in the air brush mousse.

Also this one says you can use either your fingers, sponge or brush which is good because I know some prefer to use their finger tips which I also use to do but now use a brush, RT.

Yes, went on a WL for the dark brown IT 5 in 1 gel powder BUT today I did try it (taupe) as an eye liner and was okay but not the color, barely showed up but did go on nicely.

I do also have the Mally brow pencil with the powder at the other end and while I do like that one the pencil part doesn't go on as smoothly as this IT 5 in 1 gel powder one and the powder ends does either dry out or is empty long before the pencil part is gone plus the pencil does get a bit hard or dry and stopped going on as it did when newer. I have this in sable and is a good color for me so, am sure the IT 5 in 1 gel powder brow pencil in dark brown will be the best for me. I really need a pencil to be able to draw a brow where I don't have any and this IT 5 in 1 gel powder is the best I have ever tried.

Respected Contributor

I have to add, tried this IT 5 in 1 gel powder brow pencil as an eye liner and does work, so, can use it for both now.