Contributor

Dark Spot - Brown Spot Cream That Works??

I have an awful brown spot below the corner of my eye that is not even covered with concealer. I need recommendations on a cream that WORKS.

I know most skin care lines offer a brown spot - dark spot cream, but has anyone seen PROOF with tried and true results?

If not, what are the options at the dermatologists office? I would like to try options before pursuing that route.

Thanks so much!Kiss

Regular Contributor

Re: Dark Spot - Brown Spot Cream That Works??

I've tried several of the products to get rid of brown spots or cover them. Nothing works to get rid of them, although they do lighten a bit, but the only thing I've found that works for adequate coverage is It Cosmetic's Bye Bye Under Eye.

Occasional Contributor

I've tried so many over the counter products to no avail for my brown spots. I just ordered Obagi's Clear,which contains 4% hydroquinone. It is by prescription, but there is an authorized on line seller I buy from. I'm hoping it does the trick.

Super Contributor

At the age of 50 I can say they started at 38 on my hands AT 50 they have had every promise made and all I have see is a small fade but those stubborn spots are not going anywhere on me..Let me know....My sweet Aunt at 71 had them so very bad and she had a procedure to have them burned off. That was drastic. Maybe at her age I might decide to become drastic..

I hope to cherish life at every age.

Esteemed Contributor

Nadinola worked for me & I posted about it last month. I had two large sunspots high on my foerhead, one between the brows & a small one beneath my right eye. I got this & started applying it August 1st only once a day before bed. They are almost completely gone & with my CC crème applied not even noticeable. I love this stuff & it's only $5.47 for a jar. I will keep using it at bedtime as sunspots have a habit of returning.

Esteemed Contributor

Skinn Bright Side Spot Treatment worked for me. I had 4 dark spots on the back of my right hand (none on my left hand - hmm?). One small bottle of the Spot Treatment did the trick. It took 4 weeks of using consistently 2 or 3 times a day, but they slowly disappeared. I haven't used it on my face yet.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Pop Popular Facial Cream Beauty White with Papaya extract. Purchased mine on ebay for around $6. Painted it on spots with an eyeliner brush twice a day and in a little over a month.... all gone! I think the papaya extract is the magic ingredient because this is the only product I ever found that really worked for me.

Super Contributor

Trusted Contributor

straitgirl, thanx for sharing your experience with nadinola. I'm going to buy it for my husband who has this really stubborn dark spot on his cheek. Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

My experience may be totally coincidental; however, I had a brown spot on my temple and two tiny ones starting on my upper lip. Grrr. I began using Argan Oil a year or two ago and the ones I had are now barely visible and no others have appeared. I also mix a little Argan Oil in my hand lotion, and, at almost 70 yo, I have no brown spots on my hands.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein