Esteemed Contributor
I had been using a separate Retinol and wonder if now that I'm using the Algenist genius if I don't need to apply it any longer? I see there is some type of Retinol in the moisturizer maybe not as strong though. Just wondered what you ladies that use this system think?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Algenist genius question

Anyone??
Honored Contributor

bump

Esteemed Contributor

The form of vitamin A in this cream is the retinyl palmitate, (not at the top of the list) which, I believe, takes an extra conversion step to turn into retinoic acid. Apparently, this cream is being more touted as a moisturizer:

"What is it: This formula combines alguronic acid--a patented, naturally occurring compound--with a new source of nourishing oil--microalgae oil--and a plant-based collagen."

and...

"How do I use it: After cleansing, apply to the entire face, neck, and decollete, avoiding the eyes. For optimal results, use after your usual serum. Use only as directed."

I would think it does not take the place or have the same action as a retinol. Depending on what you think retinol does for your skin, I would use it, the retinol, at night, and the Genius in the a.m.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the information. I guess I wondered if I could keep using my Retinol along with this product seeing that it too had some kind of Retinol. Didn't want to overdo it. Your suggestion of using my Retinol at nite is a good one, wonder if I could use my usual Retinol with this product though @ nite ?? Wish they had a customer care number.
Esteemed Contributor

On 10/22/2014 Kitty Galore said: Thanks for the information. I guess I wondered if I could keep using my Retinol along with this product seeing that it too had some kind of Retinol. Didn't want to overdo it. Your suggestion of using my Retinol at nite is a good one, wonder if I could use my usual Retinol with this product though @ nite ?? Wish they had a customer care number.

At the Algenist.com site you can click on "customer service" and they have a phone # and email address. Here's the phone #: CALL: 1-877-650-1837

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks so much !