Respected Contributor

I'm watching Adrienne's show right now. She just applied the Kaleidoscope make-up kit on a Latina model. The make-up actually seems a bit too light. But at least Adrienne made the effort.

{#emotions_dlg.sad}

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Trusted Contributor

Re: To poster ""COG"" re: WOC

Yep! Adrienne dropped her dark foundation choices and the dark kaleidoscope a few years ago. I still love the capsules and I like watching her mess up those model's faces cause she can't see the other side. I love her argan oil in the bottle. And, the stick that has both argan and baobab is priceless! Incredible. Thanks for writing to me. I feel like the vultures look for postings , not just mine, but any that they feel will not be defended. The arguments they start get the whole thread proofed. In essence it's done because of the bitter bile they spew out. So a cordial letter means more than you can imagine thank you!
Super Contributor

Don't want to but in, but I remember reading a post about frustrations with foundation colors and maybe it was you CoG? If not, just disregard this ok? But just in case it was, I was looking at a mineral glow from Modern Minerals and looked through their foundation colors and they seem to have a pretty wide range of colors. Here's the link if you're interested.

http://modernmineralsmakeup.com/collections/find-my-shade?page=1

There are 2 pages of choices, but the page #'s are hard to find, there really small. Just scroll down to the bottom of the page and they're on the right. If the link doesn't work (just copy/paste into your browser) then just go to modernmineralsmakeup.com and click on "find my color" tab. They offer samples for $2.

Maybe there's something there that would work for you. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

On 10/14/2014 magemay said:

Don't want to but in, but I remember reading a post about frustrations with foundation colors and maybe it was you CoG? If not, just disregard this ok? But just in case it was, I was looking at a mineral glow from Modern Minerals and looked through their foundation colors and they seem to have a pretty wide range of colors. Here's the link if you're interested.

There are 2 pages of choices, but the page #'s are hard to find, there really small. Just scroll down to the bottom of the page and they're on the right. If the link doesn't work (just copy/paste into your browser) then just go to modernmineralsmakeup.com and click on "find my color" tab. They offer samples for $2.

------- thank you. Yes I will look . But don't follow links I got hacked following a link given here on BB. I found so many colors on MAC I had to have one of the professional makeup artists help me select the right shade.nthey had every shade under the sun, in cool, warm and neutral! I was so amazed I wrote a thread that'll probably disappear again like the others discussing topics they'd rather not have discussed . But I thank you sincerely for your kind, considerate suggestion!
Trusted Contributor

CoG: You don't have to click on the link, just cut and paste it into your browser.

Super Contributor

On 10/14/2014 InGOT said:
On 10/14/2014 magemay said:

------- thank you. Yes I will look . But don't follow links I got hacked following a link given here on BB. I found so many colors on MAC I had to have one of the professional makeup artists help me select the right shade.nthey had every shade under the sun, in cool, warm and neutral! I was so amazed I wrote a thread that'll probably disappear again like the others discussing topics they'd rather not have discussed . But I thank you sincerely for your kind, considerate suggestion!

You've welcome! Happy to hear you found something that works, it's a great feeling when that happens!

Enjoy your new makeup.

Contributor

CoG...thank you for your questions and answers. There are many WOC in the same predicament, with the same questions. Keep sharing your results! (as I cannot find a current WOC thread...there used to be one called WOC DIVA?)

Occasional Contributor

Hi Cresm8r1908,

Wow! I've seeing your posts. Hope all has been well.

Contributor

On 10/17/2014 Tina W said:

Hi Cresm8r1908,

Wow! I've seeing your posts. Hope all has been well.

Well Hello there Tina W!!! Been a while! So kind of you to *speak*. Hope all is well with you and yours!! Missed you all...and the great tips/tricks/laughter and wisdom!! Have a great Saturday and look forward to *seeing* you around!Smile

Trusted Contributor

Cresm8r1908: Thank you for the validation. If feels as if everyone left when they started their own website. I see, after having tried to participate in the seemingly innocuous discussions, particularly in Beauty Banter, exactly why they left. The racist comments go uncensored. There are large groups who call themselves families, friends who deliberately give the old cold shoulder to anyone trying to join in in their conversations.

On Topic: During the discussion of Tyra Banks a lady wondered if there'd be anything for white women or just for .... Interesting don't you think? The thread I started about the limited selection here at QVC was deleted entirely. In all honesty it had become an ugly, argumentative brawl rather than polite conversation.

I was relieved beyond belief when I found the MAC color charts! Finally! but that's only one. I ran into a big gap in LANCOME's darkest three colors then they withdrew them. I hope it's a temporary move. Better even , if they just sold out .But hope is displaced in this category.

I hope you are well, happy. I hope you've found another group of women who can freely discuss matters of concern for them/us . If you do please let me know too? The members of the WEN group of WOC are arguing about which variety is best etc. Sometimes the posts are less than helpful though I don't think its done with malice, just failure to consider the others' opinions as valid. That's the only one I know of that remains.