Trusted Contributor

Storing skincare in a steamy bathroom?

Is this safe to do? It's bad for medications, but is it also bad for skincare and the integrity of the product?

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Super Contributor

Re: Storing skincare in a steamy bathroom?

I'd say as long as everything is tightly capped it shouldn't be an issue. My bathroom is small and can get steamy and I've never had an issue. Exposing makeup and skincare to direct sunlight is bad for both though.

Honored Contributor

I store the items I am currently using in bath on vanity, but not the rest of my stash.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks to you both. It would be easier to store my 2 moisturizers in the bathroom. I alternate Paula's Choice Resist Barrier Repair and the 5% AHA lotion. I always wash my hands after applying because I don't want the ingredients on my hands.

On my "lazy nights" I use CeraVe's body lotion, which I keep on my nightstand. I don't have an issue not washing my hands afterward with that one and it's fine for my face. But I've been having too many "lazy nights" lately and keeping my skincare in the bathroom would make it easier regarding nighttime routine.

Honored Contributor

I don't think it's a problem, but we do either open the window or turn on the fan when we shower/bathe. Still, I just never thought twice about it. I want my items where they are handy for me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I keep my unopened bottles in the basement. It's cool and dark down there.

Respected Contributor

On 10/6/2014 Shelbelle said:

I store the items I am currently using in bath on vanity, but not the rest of my stash.

Same here -- current stuff stays in the bathroom; otherwise, the "stash" stays in the linen closet.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Trusted Contributor

Thanks everyone! I should have said keeping instead of storing. Unopened bottles are stored in a cool, dry place. I don't keep too much of a skincare stash anymore.