Respected Contributor

It Cosmetics - Tightline Mascara / Liner - What am I doing wrong??

I was at Ulta over the weekend and picked up the waterproof tightline mascara from IT Cosmetics, got waterproof for my upcoming vacation.

Been trying it out for two days and I cannot get the "eyeline" bar to look good, it looks clumpy and well....not like a tightline.

Tips??? TIA for your help & time.

Respected Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics - Tightline Mascara / Liner - What am I doing wrong??

Unfortunately I don't have any tips for you, but I thought I would mention that I had the same problem. I never did see a "liner" from the mascara. I decided to send mine back.

I'll be interested in any other replies that you get because maybe I was doing something wrong. Although I don't know how you can put mascara on wrong.

Respected Contributor

On 10/6/2014 Wink said:

Unfortunately I don't have any tips for you, but I thought I would mention that I had the same problem. I never did see a "liner" from the mascara. I decided to send mine back.

I'll be interested in any other replies that you get because maybe I was doing something wrong. Although I don't know how you can put mascara on wrong.

Thank you! and that's what i wanted it for, thought I could use it to "line" then 1 coat of mascara then finish with my beloved Tarte Mascara - thought it would save me some time lining.... Urg, well I guess mine might go back too but, that means another LONG drive to Ulta just for a return, hate that!

Respected Contributor

Me either, no liner effect no matter how close to the base of my lashes I get. I do like it as a primer, and that's how I use it, but I also use my normal eyeliner pencil smushed into the base of my lashes to line my eyes.

Super Contributor

getting wayyyy older and love the skinny brush on the mascara. Also have noticed it does NOT line also. What a wonderful idea,,two birds with one stone kind of thing. As my lashes are thinning I DO very much like the mascara because it really hits every little lash that I have left. I only line my bottom anyway, but was hoping the IT would give, at least, a hint of liner on upper lid. I try to enhance what the heck I have left!

Super Contributor

I can get some color on my lids between my lashes if I wiggle the brush right on the roots of my lashes. It fills in the spaces between the few lashes I have but I wouldn't call it a replacement for a liner. What tightlining is supposed to do, as I understand it, is to color your skin between the lashes to make them look fuller. I only go to the extra effort for a special occasion. Otherwise, I love this as a regular mascara because the narrow wand gets down close to the base of my lashes and finds every lash.

Trusted Contributor

I've never been able to get this to look like they show on TV, with the "liner thing". That said, I do like the mascara for a primer since I can get to the very bottom of my lashes. But no matter how close to the bottom........it does NOT look like liner.

Valued Contributor

I was in Ulta a couple of weeks ago and I stopped at the IT Cosmetics display to look at the product. A sales woman came up to me and whispered that the store is getting many returns on it because nobody can get the "liner" look as promised. Interesting! I appreciated her comment; needless to say, I didn't buy it.

Respected Contributor

On 10/6/2014 AspenGrove said:

I was in Ulta a couple of weeks ago and I stopped at the IT Cosmetics display to look at the product. A sales woman came up to me and whispered that the store is getting many returns on it because nobody can get the "liner" look as promised. Interesting! I appreciated her comment; needless to say, I didn't buy it.

Ahh, I needed that gal when I bought mine!!{#emotions_dlg.mad}

Regular Contributor

I have this and NO WAY could ANYONE get the EYE line to look like they have on the models

NO WAY!!!!!

I would BET my life that they have a liner on PERIOD! it is TOO perfect and thickly lined ABOVE the lash line

this product is supposed to apply the mascara at the lashes inbetween the hairs - and it does a TINY bit BUT so does my regulaer mascara

I would NOT buy this again