Honored Contributor

O/T My QVC Serta Is Only 2 Months Old and Is Falling Apart!

I purchased my Serta mattress from QVC (after doing unbelievable research) on July 29. Exactly 2 months later on September 28th I started hearing a clicking noise on the side of the bed where I sleep.

I went over to the other side.....no clicking noise.

I also noticed that the mattress where I sleep (I live alone and it is a Queen size mattress) caves in.

My guess is that the mattress has some springs or something broken in it.

I called QVC and they said, "Nothing we can do. Call Serta".

I called Serta. They said, "We'll email you forms to fill out. Fill them out and send us $35 and we'll maybe (MAYBE) send someone to look at your mattress and MAYBE replace it!

I do not exaggerate. I am telling you exactly like it is. The form wants me to send in a copy of the ticking that is sewn on the box spring and top mattress.

I am a widow. I am almost 70 years old. I live alone and I'm supposed to try to copy the mattress ticking? Are you kidding me?

This is crazy. This mattress was almost $900.

This doesn't make sense. This Serta mattress stinks.

I know some people never have any trouble but if you do, good luck because QVC will not back up the product at all.

As far as Serta, well I guess they think I'm lying too.

I have all of the paperwork from QVC, etc. However, it states on the form that I must send a copy of the ticking and send them $35 and they will contact me.

BUYER BEWARE!

Super Contributor

Re: O/T My QVC Serta Is Only 2 Months Old and Is Falling Apart!

A copy of the ticking? I thought ticking was a sound? How do you scan a sound? Huh? What am I missing?

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the info. Can you draw the bleepin ticking?

Regular Contributor

Annabelle, I am so sorry you are having problems with your Serta. I remember when you were contemplating buying it. Terrible customer service, really, and I will remember this when I am in the market for a new mattress. Falling apart after two months? Inexcusable.

Maybe one of the mods from Q will read this and offer some ideas for help.

Good luck.

Contributor

i am so sorry this happened to you.

I hope you get it replaced!

Good Luck!

Respected Contributor

cp: Ticking is that stripey material from the old days.

Super Contributor

Ticking is the fabric that covers the mattress. OP I am sorry for you troubles. I hope Serts will resolve this for you. I have to say, also, that in this day and age, $900 is cheap for a queen size mattress. It probably wasn't a quality mattress to begin with.
Contributor

If you purchased the mattress on a credit card, you may be able to dispute the charges because you were sold a defective product.

Honored Contributor

OK, it's not called ticking it's called "law tags". Here is an exact description of what Serta calls it. (The tags state: Under penalty of Law. This tag is not to be removed.......bla.bla")

Now it states that I am not to remove the tags but I am to make a copy of these tags and MAIL them to them with my $35.

Come on people. I buy so many things from QVC it is crazy! They can't even back this up. I called CS two times.

What did they do? They sent (by mail) me another copy of my QVC receipt.

If I have to I will have QVC come and get the stupid mattress and I will buy myself another mattress and will make sure I get credited every penny I spent on the mattress everyone on here has been talking about all day long.

It makes me sick to my stomach to think they don't back up something like this. I just want someone to come out, sit on it and then send me a new mattress.

I don't think that's asking too much. It's no like I've been jumping up and down on the stupid thing or it's been getting any wear and tear.

I live alone with two cats for goodness sakes.

Esteemed Contributor

Annabelle,

So very, very sorry you've been s---------d on this purchase.

What I don't understand is what they mean by "copy." I know what ticking is and you simply cannot copy it. You can cut a piece of it out, but you can't copy it. Can you call them back and ask for an exact meaning of the word "copy?"

However, if you cut a piece of it out and then someone came to evaluate your mattress, he/she would tell you that you damaged your mattress, so no replacement, even if Serta did tell you to "copy" or "cut" it.

I really would let Monday come around and give Serta another call.

Good Luck!

(Since I've been shopping QVC - 1989, I've made 2 high end purchases. One was a gold bracelet, which is still gorgeous. The other was an HP computer. THAT was a humongous mistake. From reading other posters over the years and based on my HP experience, I would never make a major purchase from QVC again.)