Regular Contributor

November Insider - Joan Rivers

I realize this might not be the perfect forum for this. Please allow me to share this comment and pose a question. I think it is absolutely "insane" for lack of a better word to have Lori Grenier on the cover of the November Insider instead of Joan Rivers. There is a beautiful picure of Joan on page 3, with a nice statement from the CEO of QVC. Had her death been too late to put her on the November cover (She died first week of September and probably the October issue had gone to press,) I would understand. I find it disrespectful and a really poor decision. There was only one Joan Rivers. Period, end of story. One chance for QVC to put her on the cover in Memoriam. After the millions of dollars and millions of laughs she brought to the Q and to all of us, I think it was the wrong move. Lori could have waited as hopefully she will be around for a long time. I realize there were tributes elsewhere on QVC and the home page. This is just my thought about the Insider. I understand the purpose of the Insider is to advertise future shows and products. I still think Joan Rivers trumps all of that...it's only one month's cover QVC.

Super Contributor

Re: November Insider - Joan Rivers

On 10/2/2014 acatgirl said:

I realize this might not be the perfect forum for this. Please allow me to share this comment and pose a question. I think it is absolutely "insane" for lack of a better word to have Lori Grenier on the cover of the November Insider instead of Joan Rivers. There is a beautiful picure of Joan on page 3, with a nice statement from the CEO of QVC. Had her death been too late to put her on the November cover (She died first week of September and probably the October issue had gone to press,) I would understand. I find it disrespectful and a really poor decision. There was only one Joan Rivers. Period, end of story. One chance for QVC to put her on the cover in Memoriam. After the millions of dollars and millions of laughs she brought to the Q and to all of us, I think it was the wrong move. Lori could have waited as hopefully she will be around for a long time. I realize there were tributes elsewhere on QVC and the home page. This is just my thought about the Insider. I understand the purpose of the Insider is to advertise future shows and products. I still think Joan Rivers trumps all of that...it's only one month's cover QVC.

Applause! I agree.

Trusted Contributor

On 10/2/2014 ical said:

Applause! I agree.

I too agree!

Contributor

I TO AGREE!!

Respected Contributor

On 10/2/2014 ical said:

Applause! I agree.

Me too!
Regular Contributor

I would not surprise me if they had the November issue laid out long before Joan died. It was nice of them to alter it and put a memorial to Joan inside the issue. It wouldn't surprise me if an upcoming issue did have Joan on the cover. I don't think it is unreasonable that the November issue isn't it.

There is hardly just ""one chance"" for them to put her on the cover. And ""insane"" is a bit extreme don't you think?

Esteemed Contributor

Totally agree!

Occasional Contributor

I ALSO AGREE. I AM STILL DEALING WITH JOAN'S PASSING, BECAUSE IT IS ALMOST EXACTLY HOW MY MOTHER (MY BEST FRIEND) PASSED AWAY. I HAVE RELIEVED IT IN TOTAL AND AM STILL DOING SO. I HOPE THAT JOAN'S REPLACEMENT IS NENE LEAKES.....NOT ANYONE ELSE. NENE IS QUICK, INTELLIGENT AND FASHION FORWARD. OF COURSE, NO ONE CAN REPLACE JOAN, I STILL EXPECT HER TO SHOW UP ON THE SET. QVC HAS DONE THE WRONG THING, BUT MAYBE THEY DID HAVE EVERYTHING LAID OUT SEVERAL MONTHS IN ADVANCE AS ONE OF THE OTHER POSTS SAID. IT'S STILL NOT TOO LATE....

Trusted Contributor

I am in agreement with you all ~ possibly Joan may grace the December cover, maybe an end of the year tribute?? I think that would be fitting ~
Honored Contributor

Joan died Sep. 4 and November Insider was released by Oct. 1. So it was probably too late for Joan to be featured. But they may do something in a later issue.