Regular Contributor

Ulta hair salons will hold a Cut-A-Thon Sunday, October 12th from 11a - 6p

A $10 minimum donation is required, but all of the proceeds will benefit The Breast Cancer Research Foundation. What a fantastic cause, and everyone wins Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Ulta hair salons will hold a Cut-A-Thon Sunday, October 12th from 11a - 6p

I agree. What a great idea. This is something that is very important to me. My mother and sister both died from breast cancer.

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry Susan but thanks for the info. I could certainly use a haircut!
Regular Contributor

My sincere condolences, Susan, in the loss of both your mother and sister. I believe that Ulta salons have held the "cut-a-thons" for a couple years now Smiley Happy The event has taken place during the month of October for "breast cancer awareness month". It certainly is a brilliant idea!!

Respected Contributor

Are they taking appts or is it walk in?
Respected Contributor

Thanks to both of you for your kind thoughts. Every year it seems like more companies have special products/events that benefit breast cancer research. I always buy the stamps from the post office that benefit breast cancer research. Although, a lot of people pay their bills online, when I buy stamps I always make sure that I buy these. Avon always has a selection of products to benefit breast cancer research.

Regular Contributor

On 10/2/2014 scatcat said: Are they taking appts or is it walk in?

I'm sorry as I should've mentioned that appointments will be on a first-come, first-served basis Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

On 10/2/2014 susan25 said:

Thanks to both of you for your kind thoughts. Every year it seems like more companies have special products/events that benefit breast cancer research. I always buy the stamps from the post office that benefit breast cancer research. Although, a lot of people pay their bills online, when I buy stamps I always make sure that I buy these. Avon always has a selection of products to benefit breast cancer research.

Great idea, Susan!! Purchasing the postage to go towards breast cancer research helps bring awareness to the issue of breast cancer, especially for the recipient of the letter, too. Thanks so much for the info re: Avon products as well :-)

Regular Contributor

Just a gentle *bump* (bringing up my post Smiley Wink