Valued Contributor

My Oct Allure Best in Beauty Issue Just Arrived

Always look forward to this but for the first time I didn't feel like , wow I have to try that, about anything. I've recently cleared out my stash and am seriously doing my best to use what I already have, which is plenty. Or maybe it's just an age thing, been there done that feeling. Or maybe I have just been more careful about the newest ingredients/products that promise to diminish "the look" of aging skin and think about what that really means. It's still fun to look through but I'm just in a different frame of mind these days I guess. Do you get where I'm coming from?

Trusted Contributor

Re: My Oct Allure Best in Beauty Issue Just Arrived

Not really about the Allure magazine article, although I did used to be interested to read and look. I really looked forward to the new makeup pallets each season and would get a call from Estee Lauder and E. Arden reps to come in and try. Now - eh; honestly, don't really care anymore.

Super Contributor

I'm usually excited about the Allure beauty issue as well and was planning to get this year's. Now I'm like meh. I've been looking at various new items for the Fall and holidays. At first I'm all excited and then really look at it, see a blog post or a YouTube video. Then I'm like I know I have something similar already. I think it is a change in mindset. I've come to realize certain products, colors, formulations of products, etc that I just don't like. I do a have a few things on my wish list. If I keep them cool. If not then I'll live lol.

Esteemed Contributor

I need to pick that issue up, thanks. I am planning this weekend to clean out my makeup stash and be ruthless about it (if I can, LOL).

If I am not using it, out it goes! That will leave me open for anything new that I really "have to have". Smiley Happy

Seriously, I do have a lot of old things that I need to get rid of. Clothes too. Fall is a perfect time to do that.

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor

I have found the Allure, and for that matter most other, magazine to miss the mark. I am always underwhelmed by their selections. At least in the past.

Super Contributor

I look at it online as the selections are on their website.

Valued Contributor

I guess that's where I'm at. I like to keep myself looking nice but have stopped expecting miracles, which eliminates a whole lot of skincare and definitely some cosmetics. At this point in my life I know what colors work for me and I'm just not into always getting the newest thing out there. I've tried many of the newest things as they have come along and I still look pretty much the same, which is actually ok!

Trusted Contributor

I remember when that issue used to come with makeup samples inside. (The tear-out ones like the skincare samples they sometimes have.) Those makeup samples were nice, but those days are long gone.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

Well I didn't even realize that Allure has a beauty issue {#emotions_dlg.laugh} ..... but it doesn't matter. If I saw it in the beauty salon, I would pick it up and scan it.

I also have stuff I like and a few things I haven't tried yet, and those might be THE miracle item du jour, so why spend money on anything?

Yes ...... if I found some new item presented that really looked like I couldn't live without it, well, then, I'd change my mind.

I no longer feel the need buy anything on those big "extravaganza" days ,,,,, I'm getting pickier than I was before .... and this is a good thing. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Valued Contributor

Allure @ onetime was a beauty educational magazine & gave out generous samples. They also did less biased reviews & based a lot of their reviews on more science versus popularity. Seems now they're just another glossy mag that promotes certain products because it lines their pockets. Think Allure has just become one big advertisement magazine for POP beauty fad products.