Trusted Contributor

Drugstore SPF's that are tinted

I've been using Skinceuticals Fusion tinted SPF50 which I love very much, extremely lightweight and mattifying but it is a little expensive. Any of you know of a drugstore spf that is tinted as well for a lot less?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Drugstore SPF's that are tinted

All the BB and CC creams are tinted and they are essentially TM with additional benefits. Most brands now sell a TM now too.
Trusted Contributor

Thank you very much Wackers. I'm aware of the many tinted moisturizers, bb and cc creams. What I've been using, and the drugstore version I'm looking for, is an actual 'sunscreen' product. Those who are familiar with the Skinceuticals to which I refer to know what I'm looking for. Anyone?

Trusted Contributor

On 10/1/2014 fitfuninformed said:

Thank you very much Wackers. I'm aware of the many tinted moisturizers, bb and cc creams. What I've been using, and the drugstore version I'm looking for, is an actual 'sunscreen' product. Those who are familiar with the Skinceuticals to which I refer to know what I'm looking for. Anyone?

You might check the Elta MD brand for similarity to Skinactives. Devita is another great brand but not always at DS. You could try Vitacost for Devita. Devita and Elta are actually " tinted " sunscreens which I am assuming you are primarily looking for. I find more tinted sunscreens on Vitacost and similar sites tho my local Walgreen's does sell Elta MD. Not sure if all do.
Trusted Contributor

Wackers, thank you so, so much. I'll check about the Elta MD @my local Walgreens, I've heard of that line, and I'll look into the Devita line on the Vitacost website. You were a great help!

Trusted Contributor

I mostly use Elta MD 41, but I also like Maybelline BB, which has physical sunscreens. Planning to pick up the new Maybelline Pure CC, which has salicylic acid.

Frequent Contributor

Hi fitfuninformed,

I am very familiar with the Skinceuticals fusion spf tinted sunblock. I have not come across any that are similar in texture at the drugstore with the exception of LaRoche Posay Tinted Mineral spf50. That probably defeats your purpose though because that product might be more than the Skinceuticals. It is available at CVS and Target I think.

I only use all physical and do love EltaMD products as well but most of them are a bit thicker in texture than the Skinceuticals - more like an actual bb or cc cream. Someone above posted about the EltaMD spf 41 which is a great product and worth looking into but as mentioned it a bit thicker in consistency. I have included a picture I found of tinted physical suncreens and their consistencies. Hope this helps. The MD SolarSciences one is lovely and available at Sephora but is probably as much as the Skinceuticals. Clinique City Block might work but is not as high an spf. Good Luck.0

Honored Contributor

Andalou Naturals Color and Correct CC (sensitive) SPF 30 is awesome. Andalou naturals also has a couple other ones , ones that may be more matte but I haven't tried those ones.

I also like Physician's Formula Organic wear CC SPF 20.

I always get them on sale.

ETA: CoTZ also has a few different ones that are tinted with SPF 30. They have called PURE SPF and CoTZ face spf 40. But I haven't tried these yet.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you so very much NeetaLyn for taking the time to answer and with images as well!

It looks as though, as you said, the LaRoche Posay is the closest in consistency (and in price) to the Skinceuticals. Hard as I try to use non-chemical items, when it comes to thinnest texture of spf's, chemical always wins. I will look into the MD Solar Sciences at your suggestion, as I am not familiar at all with that line.

Thank you all for your many suggestions and input!

Super Contributor

My favorite (for the moment) La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF 50 Mineral Ultra-Light Sunscreen Fluid Tinted

L'Oreal Paris Advanced Suncare Sunscreen SPF 50+ Liquid Silk BB Sunshield For Face

Physicians Formula Healthy Wear SPF 50 Tinted Moisturizer

Plac Placenta Sunscreen Sun Cream Sunblock 50ml Spf 45 Pa++ Korean Cosmetic Sun Protection

Bioderma Photoderm Max SPF 50+ Tinted Cream