Super Contributor

Cle de Peau Concealer? Is it as fab as it's purported to be?

Just got an email for an this which reminded me of it. Looked on Nordstrom, scads of great reviews.

I loved the tip that for those with lighter skin (me) Honey will cover really dark circles, to be used under normal-shade concealer.

I've tried so many, Bye Bye Undereye came closest to really covering, but still doesn't quite do it. I'm desperate/

So, has anyone here tried this who has REALLY dark discoloration?

Thanks for any feedback.

Honored Contributor

Re: Cle de Peau Concealer? Is it as fab as it's purported to be?

I also got the email from Beauty Sage. I remember years ago there was a makeup artist , a guy, who used to post all the time on here and the HSN boards, he raved over this concealer.

Honored Contributor

It is supposed to be wonderful, I like to treat myself but I have my limits

I did try a CdP lipstick which I liked but it was $$$

Super Contributor

In a word, YES. I have used this concealer for at least 10 years and immediately order another one when I see I'm almost out. A tube lasts about a year for me.

Honored Contributor

I have never tried it, but it is always winning awards as the best concealer ever! I would love to try it, but would like to try in person first before plunking down 70.00, but there is no store even remotely close to me that carries that line!

Valued Contributor

I did try it once....got color matched at Nordy's which is the only place that carries it locally as far as I know. Quite honestly, it is a nice concealer, but I didn't feel that it blew the other ones I have used out of the water. I finished the tube but did not repurchase. JMHO.
Super Contributor

On 10/1/2014 jackthebear said:

It is supposed to be wonderful, I like to treat myself but I have my limits

I did try a CdP lipstick which I liked but it was $$$

Yeah, I know that price is hard to swallow but I figure, should I plunk down $70 for a concealer (gulp) or keep adding less expensive ones I try to my "doesn't do it for me" pile? Even though I've got probably well over $70 worth of them sitting here doing nothing, it's still a leap to lay that out in one fell swoop. :-)

Super Contributor

On 10/1/2014 Seattlegirl98026 said: I did try it once....got color matched at Nordy's which is the only place that carries it locally as far as I know. Quite honestly, it is a nice concealer, but I didn't feel that it blew the other ones I have used out of the water. I finished the tube but did not repurchase. JMHO.

Thanks -- and there's always that chance. That's been my take on so many products that others have sworn by -- nothing special. But this has become SUCH a problem for me I think I owe it to myself to at least give it a shot. It's got to have a good rep for SOME reason, right? :-) Maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones that finds my HG.

Respected Contributor

No. I do not get the cult following. It was kind of dry, IMO, and didn't cover any better than anything else. I recently purchased MAC match master, in stick form, and like it much more, for less than 1/3 the cost!
Super Contributor

On 10/1/2014 JMFINLEY001 said:

I have never tried it, but it is always winning awards as the best concealer ever! I would love to try it, but would like to try in person first before plunking down 70.00, but there is no store even remotely close to me that carries that line!

Nordstrom online has free shipping and returns. Just to tempt you. :-)