Honored Contributor

The ComPact is a commitment to simplify, pare down, streamline. It began as a way to gain some control over our collections of beauty products. Why were we amassing so much, yet not using what we were buying? Why were we always searching for the next new product? Why couldn't we just find what worked for us and stick with it?

The ComPact, however, is not restricted to beauty items. If you have a collection you want to address, do it here. Choose an area you want to work on, and track your progress on the ComPact thread. Members will offer tips and encouragement.

Choose one of our many mantras (“One by one until they’re done!” “We are SPAHHHRRRTAN!!!” “Not until you really have to.” “Buy less, choose well, make it last.” “Resist the propaganda.” "If it's high, I don't buy!" “When in doubt, do without!” “Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can.” “Shoplighters of the World Unite!”) or create a new one and share it. Target items each month to toss, donate, or use, and post your “chopping block” -- or “hit list.” Post temptations, post victories.

They say it takes 30 days for something to become a habit: Let's see if taking the ComPact one month at a time works for you.

Join us.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

Coffeebean33! Just a quick note to say that I added your mantra to the list above. It's a goodie.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

It's October and that means Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque.

Here's a video to start the month off right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8YaMK4-MYg

Honored Contributor

tossed 3 items yesterday that were not being used, and decided to hold off on replacing 1

returned a pair of boots that I decided I didn't need

Respected Contributor
I made no mu or skincare purchases in the month of September. I was not even tempted really. Actually, I made no such purchases since June. Only things I needed to replace and there werent many that got replaced, just used. I recommit to using my treatment products as I havent really been using those. Time for the items to get used or tossed, I am shooting for used as it is breaking my heart to keep tossing items. I have realized through this process that I am really just a person that likes simple routines and I no longer like putting my skin through all the treatments.

Happy October everyone.

Trusted Contributor
Thank you, just bee, for keeping this thread going! I was far from perfect in September (or any other month, for that matter) but am making purchases so much for thoughtfuly than I was at this time one year ago. I don't post often, but do love to read everyone's progress for inspiration to stay on track Smiley Happy
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Happy Sunday, ComPactors! I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

Bee, I have always wanted to go to the Balloon Fiesta!

I might stop by Sally's today - or maybe tomorrow after work - for my hair treatment. I am completely out of it now. I'll call first to make sure they have it since they were out last time I wanted it.

The less I look at beauty products & presentations, the less I am tempted to buy. This may seem obvius, but I used to tell myself I could watch & not be tempted. lol... Yeahright. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Valued Contributor

Well, I just ordered Andrew Lessman's today's special (the large bundle). I think I'll have enough CoQ-10 to last quite a while! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor
On 10/5/2014 Eager2Learn said:

Well, I just ordered Andrew Lessman's today's special (the large bundle). I think I'll have enough CoQ-10 to last quite a while! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I got that size once & still have some left! It is good for almost 2 years if you don't miss any days - longer if you do.

Valued Contributor
On 10/1/2014 just bee said:

It's October and that means Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque.

Here's a video to start the month off right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8YaMK4-MYg

Thank you Just Bee - that was an incredible video. I was just thinking today that I would like to go to NM - it's an easy drive, but I haven't been in nearly 20 years. I think I am going to make plans for the Balloon Fiesta in 2015. That is one event that is within my abilities to travel and pay, plus NM is on my list of possible places to live one day and maybe I will take a couple of days to look around while I am there.

Also, thank you for maintaining this thread. Like others, I may not post often, but I come here for inspiration. I need to declutter and beautify and even "cattify" my space a little more. My weakness is not beauty products, it is scrapbooking items and now that there are a lot fewer troops overseas, I can't make cards like I used to. This forced me to finally take a good look around and I also realized my nephews prefer the photobooks from Snapfish and Shutterfly to paper scrapbooks soooo... time to move on and as Coffeebean33 said “Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can".

Hope you get to go to the Balloon Fiesta - loved your pictures of the Bee balloons and NM in the Fall in the other thread!