Respected Contributor

Buxom Mascara - Now choose your own brush style

I've always thought it would be a great idea to be able to choose your favorite mascara formula and your favorite brush style. Buxom has introduced the brush option at least. One formula but seven brush styles to choose from. Has anyone used their mascara? The reviews on Sephora are very mixed. Either love it or hate it. Thoughts?

Link

Super Contributor

Re: Buxom Mascara - Now choose your own brush style

We started talking about this in another thread, if I remember correctly (a big IF). It was offered through Sephora. You have to pay $22 for the mascara then an additional $11 for the selected brush. A super idea, but costly to me. I wish it was offered at a more reasonable price.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, F1Wild, guess I missed that thread. You're correct but they take off $11 at checkout keeping it at $22. Certainly not a cheap mascara but actually not the most $$$ these days.
Super Contributor

On 9/30/2014 BellaCarro said: Thanks, F1Wild, guess I missed that thread. You're correct but they take off $11 at checkout keeping it at $22. Certainly not a cheap mascara but actually not the most $$$ these days.

I didn't realize that they took off the $11. Is this just a sale thing or always?

Respected Contributor

Sephora has a pack of 12 mascara wands (3 for each - volumizing, lengthening, curling, and defining) for $7. I just bought these and use them with my favorite mascara formula, and wash them off afterward!! HTH!
Occasional Contributor

On 10/1/2014 FUTURE said: Sephora has a pack of 12 mascara wands (3 for each - volumizing, lengthening, curling, and defining) for $7. I just bought these and use them with my favorite mascara formula, and wash them off afterward!! HTH!

Thanks for the information! I had wondered about the Sephora 12-pack. Reason being is that I did buy the Buxom mascara with the Strong & Long brush.

While I like the Buxom mascara formulation well enough (it doesn't flake or smudge under my eyes throughout the day/evening; it lasts all day until I wash it off at night), I have been wondering if the reason I like it so much is because of the brush. Buxom mascara is also pricey.

I have used several other mascara brands/formulations through the years that I also like. Just wasn't crazy about their brushes. Why don't my eyelashes look like the models in those mascara ads in magazines...I used the same mascara?? ROFL {#emotions_dlg.lol}

I discussed the Buxom brush options with the Buxom MUA at my local Sephora. I use Latisse, so my eyelashes are very long, however, not much volume. Since my lashes are so long, I can sometimes have issue with my eyelashes sticking together when using mascara. Not a good look.

The Buxom MUA recommended the Strong & Long brush, which sounded a bit odd to me since I had just told her that my eyelashes are plenty long enough. However, she applied it to my lashes and showed me how to use the brush. She was correct. Since the brush helps to define every one of my eyelashes without them sticking together, I get a really nice result.

I would like to re-try a drugstore brand and/or a different high-end brand with this same brush shape to see if I also get a great result. I think I will order the Sephora 12-pack.

Honored Contributor

I always keep my mascara brushes that I like from various mascaras I've used over the years and use them with mascaras I like but don't like the brushes. I clean them and reuse them over and over. Then I always get the best of both formula and brushes that I like since often mascaras I like don't come with a brush I like.

Respected Contributor

On 10/1/2014 F1wild said:
On 9/30/2014 BellaCarro said: Thanks, F1Wild, guess I missed that thread. You're correct but they take off $11 at checkout keeping it at $22. Certainly not a cheap mascara but actually not the most $$$ these days.

I didn't realize that they took off the $11. Is this just a sale thing or always?

Pretty sure it is always.
Respected Contributor

On 10/3/2014 HappyDaze said:

I always keep my mascara brushes that I like from various mascaras I've used over the years and use them with mascaras I like but don't like the brushes. I clean them and reuse them over and over. Then I always get the best of both formula and brushes that I like since often mascaras I like don't come with a brush I like.

Good idea. How do you clean them? Regular eye m/u remover?