Super Contributor

I am considering using it. What has been your experience? How long does it take to see results?

Respected Contributor
I'm glad you asked this question as I'm thinking about using it, too.
Occasional Contributor
I have been using Latisse for about a year and a half. I probably noticed the results between 6-8 weeks. I had very short eyelashes and now they are pretty long. I also have a space in between my right eyelash and now have hairs growing so it isn't as noticeable. My eyelashes are somewhat thicker but mostly longer. My sister-in-law told me it looked like I had false eyelashes on. I know it is rather expensive, but of all the beauty products I use or have used this is the product I tell everyone about. For me it's worth every penny. You do have to use it consistently. I hope my this helps you.
Contributor

I have had terrific results with Latisse. It is an expensive product, but it really worked for me. My eyelashes were sparse and very short and I looked extremely tired all of the time. I asked my dermatologist about Latisse and she said it was perfectly safe. I purchased it from her the first time, but now know that you can shop around for it and find a more reasonable price from some cosmetic offices who do Botox and other cosmetic procedures. I found several videos on you tube that suggested tossing out the brushes that come with the product and purchase a nice thin eyeliner brush to apply the product. (Less waste of product) They also suggested a way to make the product last longer by putting a drop in the dent in the top of the cap and while using the thin eyeliner apply the drop. I still had great results. I love my new eyelashes! They aren't as thick as I would like, but they are long and when I apply mascara, WOW... you can tell I have eyelashes now! I don't feel like I have to put my eyes on now when I run out the door, and I don't look tired. I think when we lose our lashes and brows, we tend to look older. I would try it, it can't hurt! The only

Super Contributor

For anyone who either has always had sparse or medically compromised lashes this is a miracle. The advise, which I was given, is to look around for sources of the generic Careprost or other, as they are much less expensive and still do the trick. Also, don't place the solution near the inner corner lashes. Mine grew so long I had to trim that section - something I never in a million years thought I would have to do.

Super Contributor

I've been using it for several years. One bottle lasts me several months. I've never had good lashes, even when I was young. I often like to experiment with these high claim products by using on half of my face. I did this with Latisse. My eyes actually looked lopsided and I had to adjust with mascara. It was a huge difference. Then it took another 6 weeks for my other eye to catch up. It was an interesting 6 weeks!

If you have good lashes, I do believe you will see a difference. If you have sparse, short lashes, you will see a big difference. Keep in mind, Latisse is more about length rather than volume or growing more lashes. I have to use volumizing mascaras since I am more than fine in the length department.

My only downside but not at all enough to ever consider stopping, is that it has stained my eye lids a brownish reddish. On the other hand, maybe it's old age? I have to use a shadow primer that is also color correcting like UDPP in Eden or MAC paint pot in Soft Ochre.

Beauty blogger and YTer who loves it all! Cheers, Lulu Bea aka Lulu On Beauty - Let's be FACEBOOK beauty friends!
Super Contributor

Hi rockydog1,

I started using Latisse after completing chemo, bought it from a dermatologist and it began to be evident that it was effective within 6 or 7 weeks. It is my understanding that the product prevents the "old" lashes from falling out at the rate they would normally (and then be replaced by a new hair), and so you more lashes at one time and they are able to grow longer, well, because they can!

I switched to the generic Careprost about a year ago, and there is no difference for me*. I have hazel green eyes and they remain that color. I too use an eyeliner brush for application and one bottle lasts me about 4 months, sine I no longer apply it every night, but twice a week. I stopped once, and gradually my eyelashes returned to thinner and shorter. I missed the more lush look and started again.

LuluCCS, now that you have mentioned it, I think I do have a slight very light pink/brownish (again, very light) coloration on my eyelids which I thought was just another thing to do with aging. But like you, I don't care enough to stop using the Careprost. I really like what it does for my eyes, for my face.

*EDIT to say that there is no difference for me between Latisse and Careprost.

Honored Contributor
On 9/30/2014 LuluCCS said:

I've been using it for several years. One bottle lasts me several months. I've never had good lashes, even when I was young. I often like to experiment with these high claim products by using on half of my face. I did this with Latisse. My eyes actually looked lopsided and I had to adjust with mascara. It was a huge difference. Then it took another 6 weeks for my other eye to catch up. It was an interesting 6 weeks!

If you have good lashes, I do believe you will see a difference. If you have sparse, short lashes, you will see a big difference. Keep in mind, Latisse is more about length rather than volume or growing more lashes. I have to use volumizing mascaras since I am more than fine in the length department.

My only downside but not at all enough to ever consider stopping, is that it has stained my eye lids a brownish reddish. On the other hand, maybe it's old age? I have to use a shadow primer that is also color correcting like UDPP in Eden or MAC paint pot in Soft Ochre.

My eyelids are also stained looking, and I have never used Latisse.

Esteemed Contributor

Ladies, did you get the Careprost from a dermatologist? The last time I went to my dermatologist I noticed her lashes were amazing. I forgot what she said she was using, but it sounded like a generic form of latisse.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Super Contributor
On 10/1/2014 twopeas said:

Ladies, did you get the Careprost from a dermatologist? The last time I went to my dermatologist I noticed her lashes were amazing. I forgot what she said she was using, but it sounded like a generic form of latisse.

Other generics are Bimatoprost and Travopost.