Super Contributor

Question for those who use Bareskin foundation..

If you use a powder over it, which one do you like? I got a sample of the foundation the other day and really like it except for the dewy finish. I've tried mineral veil and Laura Mercier's loose setting powder but wasn't happy with either of them over the foundation. Neither of them cut down the dewy look enough, I like a little more matte. I do really like the foundation and it doesn't feel oily at all, just looks a little shiny. Any suggestions?
Regular Contributor

Re: Question for those who use Bareskin foundation..

Love bare skin-have tried lots of combos to get the best look and minimize transfer. BE's new perfector is pretty good but my favorite is bye bye pores by IT cosmetics. If I need a little more coverage some days ill add a drop of the IT CC cream to two drops of bearskin. Apply with fingers instead of the brush and it isn't as dewy either. Love this stuff! After using for several months I've noticed my pores are tightened and appear smaller. Great bonus!

Respected Contributor

I got the kit and have been toying with different options for powder. I don't like veryy matte, but a reasonably priced option is NYX Stay Matte not Flat. Ulta and larger CVSs carry it.

Trusted Contributor

I purchased the bareskin TSV just a couple weeks ago which included their new bareskin perfecting veil which is very nice, perfect for this foundation. I don't normally use finishing powders, only MUFE ever so lightly if any, but THIS one is truly made for this foundation, it works perfectly. I've been very pleased, and that TSV was a GREAT deal!

Honored Contributor

On 10/1/2014 fitfuninformed said:

I purchased the bareskin TSV just a couple weeks ago which included their new bareskin perfecting veil which is very nice, perfect for this foundation. I don't normally use finishing powders, only MUFE ever so lightly if any, but THIS one is truly made for this foundation, it works perfectly. I've been very pleased, and that TSV was a GREAT deal!

I received a sample of this powder and love it over Bareskin Foundation as well, it works much better than Mineral Veil at cutting down my shiny tzone area....I will probably purchase the full size at some point......

Valued Contributor

On 10/1/2014 fitfuninformed said:

The bareskin foundation is too dewey for my liking as well. I agree that the new perfecting from the TSV works very well to matify the dewiness. It has been years since I bought a bare minerals TSV but I am glad I bought this one.

Super Contributor

I like Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Pressed Powder and also Laura Geller's Balance & Brighten foundation. Both give a smooth matte finish which I too prefer.