Respected Contributor

Alberti and skin care/makeup shows this morning

I was not a big fan of a guy doing these kinds of shows.

However, this early morning, I watched some of Strivectin and IT Cosmetics with Alberti as host.

I found both shows to be enlightening and entertaining. He let both reps talk about their products. He let Jamie from IT Cosmetics go over to the models and make her comments.

I liked this because most of the female hosts are too hyper and talky about their own experiences, etc. They usually don't let the reps talk enough.

So, I see this as an upside to male hosts doing these shows. And, it kept me watching!

Hyacinth Smile

Honored Contributor

Re: Alberti and skin care/makeup shows this morning

I like alberti period. He's an excellent host, presents the merchandise in an informative way, pleasant voice and he is easy on the eyes. He has a wonderful personality. I agree with you that he let the vendors describe their products & what they do for you. Very enjoyable.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

ITA! Breath of fresh airSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Didn't realize there was another post on this.

Still, I like it.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

I like Alberti very much. I think he's charming no matter what he presents.

The first time I ever bought makeup at a department store, the sales associate who helped me was a man. He was very helpful, gave me great advice, and helped me pick out products I used and loved for a very long time. Many of my Sephora and Ulta stores also have male sales associates and they've also been very helpful.

Respected Contributor

The other post on this now says "Comments closed"...once again QVC has stopped posters on comments about Alberti, even tho most all were very positive (mine included). I don't why they have started doing this. maybe limiting the comments, but leaving the thread so people CAN see there are positive comments about him.

Alberti is an excellent host. Very knowlegable, well prepared, professional. I will watch him anyday over Lisa Robertson.

Super Contributor

I love him! Hope he is enjoying his work.
Honored Contributor

I didn't see these shows but I did see him on a beauty show once and it was very refreshing not to have hyper talking hosts that don't allow vendors to talk and explain the products. I haven't really seen him since as I don't watch non-beauty shows so I am glad to hear he is still around. Variety is the spice of life.

Super Contributor

On 9/30/2014 HappyDaze said:

I didn't see these shows but I did see him on a beauty show once and it was very refreshing not to have hyper talking hosts that don't allow vendors to talk and explain the products. I haven't really seen him since as I don't watch non-beauty shows so I am glad to hear he is still around. Variety is the spice of life.

What a GREAT HOST!! Variety is the spice of life as well said above!! I am sure many of you do not remember when Jeff Huson was on the Q with Tova but more women tuned in and loved the interaction between him and Tova. It was WONDERFUL!!! Well, the same here holds true. I personally do not need all the hype out of the women that host and if Alberti does his presenting the way he continues to do so--SO BE IT!!! Yes QVC, I live in the Delaware Valley and a hop step and a jump from Studio Park. All this nonsense of Alberti being a man is so -----you fill in the blanks.

Honored Contributor

On 9/30/2014 TX-starlight said:

The other post on this now says "Comments closed"...once again QVC has stopped posters on comments about Alberti, even tho most all were very positive (mine included). I don't why they have started doing this. maybe limiting the comments, but leaving the thread so people CAN see there are positive comments about him.

Alberti is an excellent host. Very knowlegable, well prepared, professional. I will watch him anyday over Lisa Robertson.

There are just a handful of posters who make their negative and, IMO, biased feelings known on all these threads. I imagine that QVC wants to avoid that controversy.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland