Esteemed Contributor

Tired of sticky skincare serums

While I have invested in skincare that uses serums, I find myself wishing they weren't so sticky on my face. Right now, I'm using Isomers, which I feel is a quality line, but by the time I apply one or two, my face is so tacky I can hardly stand it.

I'm officially done with buying serums because of this issue.

I know it's not the end of the world, but I find myself just wanting something on my face that is soothing, moisturizing and NOT sticky!

Super Contributor

Re: Tired of sticky skincare serums

Agree! They should come with a warning label: Do not wear while dusting.

Honored Contributor

I really cannot stand sticky serums/products either. Not all are created equal though, there are some wonderful products that are very lightweight, absorb quickly and aren't sticky. It is just a matter of finding the right ones but it can get costly and time consuming to find the right ones.

Super Contributor

Do you wait for one serum to absorb before applying the next? You might want to try that if you haven't already. You could also cocktail them together and apply them. I'm using the new Skinn Elite Stem Rejen Serums and I don't find them to be sticky at all. They are almost like a light lotion and they absorb well. I do apply a vitamin c serum with it in the AM but I let it absorb before applying the Stem Rejen. Good luck! Finding the right products can be frustrating.

Honored Contributor

I agree about the sticky factor. I've been really pleased with the Korean ampoules (serums) I've been using, not only for what they address but also because they aren't sticky.

Trusted Contributor

I think you need to become an ingredient detective to determine what works for your skin and the climate where you live.

For example, hyaluronic acid attracts water from the atmosphere, so it will always feel a little bit tacky on the skin if you live in a humid climate. Conversely, if you live in an arid desert climate, your skin will feel dry because the hyaluronic acid is drawing water from your skin instead of the atmosphere.

Try a serum with some silicones in it. Although some people abhor silicone, it does provide a dry, silky touch to the skin.

Respected Contributor

On 9/30/2014 Witchy Woman said:

... Right now, I'm using Isomers, which I feel is a quality line, but by the time I apply one or two, my face is so tacky I can hardly stand it...

Which Isomers serums are you using? I mix Copper P with the Vitamin C Serum and it does not feel sticky to me. Maybe because the Copper P is very thin.

Esteemed Contributor

WW

None of my Isomers serums are sticky.

You can email them and tell them your concerns and tell them what's happening

Also your skins moisture level may be improving from the serums and not needing some of the treatments you have been using.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/30/2014 Montana said:
On 9/30/2014 Witchy Woman said:

... Right now, I'm using Isomers, which I feel is a quality line, but by the time I apply one or two, my face is so tacky I can hardly stand it...

Which Isomers serums are you using? I mix Copper P with the Vitamin C Serum and it does not feel sticky to me. Maybe because the Copper P is very thin.

I normally use 2 of the following 3 morning and night. I have eye specific serums I add and Wrinkle Viper. It seems to me the Matrixyl is the culprit, but I don't want to stop using it.

Matrixyl 20%

H Pur 100 Advanced

Copper P Concentrate

hopi: Yes, I know I can and should email them and likely will. I really believe in the Isomers line and I'm not knocking the products. However, lately, the sticky factor has really been annoying me. Perhaps it's something with the air, or my skin, but whatever it is, I just don't like it.

It's not just Isomers, however. I have OTHER serums I've gotten as samples and some of those are even worse -- no matter whether I use them alone or in a mix.

Yes, I "cocktail" them, and yes, I've applied individually and let them dry and sometimes, no matter what, there is a tacky feel.

As I said, it's not the end of the world and I won't stop using them, but my next purchase will likely not be a serum.

However, with such large bottles of the above 3 products, I probably won't use all the product in my lifetime.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor

On 9/30/2014 Sweet Susie said:

I think you need to become an ingredient detective to determine what works for your skin and the climate where you live.

For example, hyaluronic acid attracts water from the atmosphere, so it will always feel a little bit tacky on the skin if you live in a humid climate. Conversely, if you live in an arid desert climate, your skin will feel dry because the hyaluronic acid is drawing water from your skin instead of the atmosphere.

Try a serum with some silicones in it. Although some people abhor silicone, it does provide a dry, silky touch to the skin.

Given our similar nics, I may be a bit biased Wink, but I just wanted to tell you that I always enjoy your articulate and fact-based posts.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland